We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight from sap to utila

Atlanta, Georgia
2 posts
Save Topic
Flight from sap to utila

I'm landing at sap 13/2 12:30.

Is there any flight to utila this time ?

Price ?

Someone want to share taxi to reach 1600 ferry ?

Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,779 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight from sap to utila

From what I understand, Sosa does not fly to Utila on Thursdays.

Mentioned in this post
Utila
Utila
Bay Islands, Honduras
Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
3,001 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight from sap to utila

Sosa and/ or cm fly to utila 5 days a week from San Pedro sula at 3pm. I think Thursday may be a no flight day. Check with Alice hill at world wide travel on utila, she is the agent for both airlines that fly to utila.

Mentioned in this post
Utila
Utila
Bay Islands, Honduras
San Pedro Sula
San Pedro Sula
Cortes Department, Honduras
California
Level Contributor
2,943 posts
314 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight from sap to utila

CM was good. Working with Alice was good. I was able to transfer funds between Chase banks without any additional fee. We did the Sat. flights from SAP to Utila which took about 30 minutes. You need to see the time schedules for both as sometimes getting to Utila involves a stop in La Ceiba and that is a longer transport for short a short distance.

Mentioned in this post
Utila
Utila
Bay Islands, Honduras
La Ceiba
La Ceiba
Atlantida Department, Honduras
California
Level Contributor
2,943 posts
314 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight from sap to utila

Forgot. The only way to get to Utila by ferry is from La Ceiba. There are buses. It is several hours drive. Then you have to get to the ferry and may have to wait. Then there is the travel time on the ferry (do not know) . The ferry is nicknamed The Comet Vomit.

Mentioned in this post
Utila
Utila
Bay Islands, Honduras
La Ceiba
La Ceiba
Atlanta, Georgia
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight from sap to utila

Hi,

Is there any direct bus from San Pedro airport to la ceiba ?

Where can I find the schedule in English?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
San Pedro
San Pedro
Ambergris Caye, Belize
Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
3,001 posts
328 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight from sap to utila

hedman alas is my favorite bus company and has a schedule on their website, its in spanish but easy to understand. the trip takes just over three hours and costs about $25, it only stops once for 5 minutes in Tela. the ferry leaves la ceiba at 9.30am and 4pm each day and takes just under an hour. don't worry about the ferry "nickname" it's mostly used in comedy by people who've never actually been on it.

if you're landing at sap at 12.30 you will not make the 4pm ferry whether you use a bus or taxi.

Edited: 30 January 2014, 12:29
Mentioned in this post
Tela
Tela
California
Level Contributor
2,943 posts
314 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight from sap to utila

I would check into flights from SAP. You will lose a day getting to La Ceiba, waiting for the ferry, and the ride, etc. Now if you have to stay at a hotel, that is another expense and time. Just a thought. I know that CM leaves for Utila from the airport at around 3 pm on Sat. Fast.

Mentioned in this post
La Ceiba
La Ceiba
Utila
Utila
Bay Islands, Honduras
8. Re: Flight from sap to utila

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 February 2015, 05:22