We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying to Utila

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Flying to Utila

Will be flying to Utila, Honduras in May. Our city of origin will be Charlotte, NC. Can anyone suggest best route for most reasonable fare? Thank you Jean

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
293 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flying to Utila

usually the least expensive way is to fly to san pedro sula (probably via miami). as long as you land there by 1.30pm (on saturdays) you can get the cm or sosa flight that leaves at 3pm. landing on utila at about 3.25pm. you can also fly to roatan (generally $100-200 more than flying to san pedro sula), from there its a 10 minute charter flight to utila. whether flying from san pedro sula or roatan the best way to book the internal flight is through alice hill at world wide travel on utila.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
63 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flying to Utila

We are doing the exact same flight as we live in Denver, NC just 20 minutes north of Charlotte on Lake Norman. The least expensive and hassle free route I could find was this: Drive to Atlanta and spend the night in a hotel by the airport. Get a 1030 flight to San Pedro Sula on Delta ($550-$600). call or email Alice at World Wide Travel on Utila and she will arrange a prop plane flight for you RT from SPS to Utila. The flights are about $150 $200 per person from SPS to Utila.

Based on the other travel options which include a taxi, bus, ferry and 4-6 additional hours of travel...it is a deal to fly.

Let me know if you have any questions. We will be in Utila from December 20-Jan 1.

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
293 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flying to Utila

alice will arrange the flight from san pedro sula to utila on either sosa or cm airlines(my favorite), its $220 r/t pp. the flights leave san pedro sula at 3pm and you are on the island by 3.30pm.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flying to Utila

Hola,

I would avoid San Pedro Sula and see if you can find a flight into Roatan instead? My sister and I flew Belize City to Roatan for $150 and can then get a ferry from here to Utila for $50 but Roatan is beautiful and deserves a couple of nights so this way you can see both islands and avoid the mainland. We flew Tropic Air!

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,854 posts
293 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flying to Utila

from the u.s. flights to san pedro sula are generally $150-200 less than u.s.- roatan flights.

memphis, tn
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Flying to Utila

We have found that many return visitors to Utila have changed their routing to arrive through Roatan. Yes it costs a little more to fly to Roatan but it is hassle free getting to Utila from Roatan. And it isn't a full day wait or over land travel. There are many charter airlines to choose from. Some licensed, some are what are referred to as pirates. Fly Island Air in a twin engine US registered and maintained airplane. They are one of the only licensed operators. Call (504) 9558 8683 for more information or the US phone number 901 490 2624. www.islandairhonduras.com or Facebook.com/IslandAirHonduras

Edited: 18 November 2014, 16:16
Gastonia, North...
Level Contributor
3,588 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flying to Utila

We also bypassed CLT even though it's 15 minutes from our house. We drove to ATL and flew Delta to SAP and then CM or Sosa (can't remember) to Utila. We used hotel points and stayed at the Springhill Suites which has a connecting tram to the airport. They had free parking for 10 days so we only had to pay for 1 day of parking at the hotel. We'd do this route again without hesitation. CLT is a big hassle sometimes, especially with parking right now.

8. Re: Flying to Utila

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Utila
Recent Conversations