We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Over looked places to eat.

Which Copan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Copan, Honduras
Level Contributor
19 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Over looked places to eat.

I found a great place to eat. Tried to get it listed on Trip Advisor but for some reason they would not accept it. Weird. The resturant is La Terraza located in the casa de Hadi or house of Jade a small mall on the corner above the Marina Copan Hotel. They have a small eating area upstairs and the food is really good. The view is also good as well. You should check it out.

Norman, Oklahoma
10 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Over looked places to eat.

I will have to try La Terraza this summer when I am in Copan. I am trying to picture the location--is it opposite the coffee shop/bakery at the Marina Copan Hotel? Also what kind of food/beverages do they serve and are the prices reasonable?

Copan, Honduras
Level Contributor
19 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Over looked places to eat.

To find La Terraza you go up the hill from the main park on the steet where Marina Copan is located. As you walk by the Marina Copan which will be on your left look up the street to the next intersection. There is a large building on the right hand corner 100 meters ahead. This is where the resturant is located. THe building is called Casa Villamil and they have jewerly stores and cigar stores inside the building ( small shops actually). Work your way to the top of the building and you are there!

The food is a mix of really nice stuf I had some type of Roast beef sandwich and it was incredible. The prices were not that high. I can't remember what I paid because it has been so long since I tried them. I can tell you the little dining area was pretty, and had a great view. They had a good selection of wines, and I did not pass out when I got the check. The vibes were nice and the staff were too. I did talk to somebody later on who told me that the chef was a professional, and I think they said he was from San Salavdor. Ah ...I just cant remember. The presentation was so pretty that I wished I had brought a camera. I was very impressed. Gosh! Now, I am getting hungry I think I will drop by there again for dinner tonight. :)

Edited: 24 March 2012, 20:45
Norman, Oklahoma
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Over looked places to eat.

Thank you for the info,the little place sounds like a winner, I will definitely stop by and check it out. I love your reviews/advise --it takes savory travelers like you "foxcritter" to make forums like TripAdvisor believable and reliable.

wix
Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
744 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Over looked places to eat.

Hey Foxcritter, I wanted to a review of La Terraza too and was able to get it listed in the Copan restaurant section if you want to add your thoughts.

Cheers

Copan, Honduras
Level Contributor
19 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Over looked places to eat.

Great I will do that now!

6. Re: Over looked places to eat.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 08:43