We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Last/ First Bus from San Pedro to Copan

Brooklyn
13 posts
Save Topic
Last/ First Bus from San Pedro to Copan

Flight arriving around midnight in San Pedro. I'd like to go straight over to Copan instead of paying to stay the night there.

Is there a bus close to midnight or would I have to wait until around 7am/ 10am for the next over to Copan.

We're also receptive to the most inexpensive overnight safe place where I can leave my bags and hang out at night.

Thank you

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,910 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Last/ First Bus from San Pedro to Copan

you'll need to stay the night. no buses leave until the morning

Brooklyn
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Last/ First Bus from San Pedro to Copan

Thank you. Any suggestion on places, $10 or less to stay the night?

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,910 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Last/ First Bus from San Pedro to Copan

i don't. $10 a night in san pedro sula sounds too scary for me. for around $50 you can stay at casa del arbol, hotel san juan or the metrotel express. i've been in honduras for five+ years and consider myself pretty savvy but san pedro sula can be a dangerous place, spend the extra $40 and be safe.

use the hedman alas bus co. to copan ruinas, $23, 3.5 hours non stop with a bathroom and a snack included, highly recommended. they have a website with their schedule.

wix
Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
803 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Last/ First Bus from San Pedro to Copan

I haven't stayed there, but a friend recommends The Guaras Hostal. Starts at $20 for a room, and they will arrange airport/bus transport for a price.

$10 would be tough in San Pedro, especially arriving at midnight. Not to be alarmist, but even Hondurans tend to be very careful in the city, or avoid it, given the crime rate. Based on all the evidence, it is, sadly, a high-risk place.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
377 posts
304 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Last/ First Bus from San Pedro to Copan

Hotel Terraza is an old cheap favorite, its 3 blks from the Central Park, free internet, color tv w/ cable, private bath, restaurant, it aint pretty, but then again for Lps 300 single you aint gonna get much. But all said and done, its a perfectly acceptable place to crash for a night. This a locals favorite, not many tourists here - but its easy on the budget that's for sure.

Brooklyn
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Last/ First Bus from San Pedro to Copan

Great, thank you so much for all the advice. I like that terraza option a lot.

much peace to all

Tlaloc

7. Re: Last/ First Bus from San Pedro to Copan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2013, 01:16
Get answers to your questions about Copan Ruinas