We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anyone going in Feb?

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
15 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Anyone going in Feb?

Anybody leaving Feb.9th out of Toronto for Palma Real

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
niagara falls, ny...
Level Contributor
48 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anyone going in Feb?

Leaving on the 16th. Have been to several other all inclusives, am thinking this one will be a bit different, but looking for something new. The zip line tour is something everyone is talking about, so must do that. Sounds like there is a bit of rain, but is not that much and doesn't last. Have read good and bad reviews about the Palma Real Villas. I guess it is what you make of it. Will be there a week after you go. So maybe you could let me know what your experience is like. I think it will be a great place to see. Have fun. Fred

Orangeville...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anyone going in Feb?

My Wife and I are also leaving TO on the 16th. We were also looking for a different place to go as we have been to Mexico numerous times, Dominican twice and Cuba a few times, all inclusive resorts only in the last 4 or 5 yaers, usaully rent a place and do our own thing. I have also read the good and bad, I tend to read between the lines on the bad reviews.lol

We are big soccer fans(TFC) and I am going to try and go to the Vida vs. Victoria Game on Feb. 22nd, they are both teams in le ceiba, might be interesting!! I am also going to do some fishing ,you might be interested? We will also do the Zip Lines, sounds like a blast, maybe the White Water rafting as well. Lets keep our fingers crossed for the weather, but I guess warm and wey is better than cold and snow!! Look for the bearded guy wearing a black York Brewery Golf Shirt.

Cheers

Derek and Christine

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
21 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Anyone going in Feb?

We are heading to Palma Real from Calgary on Feb. 13th. Sounds like it's becoming quite the Canadian vacation spot.

In our group are a couple of guys who are looking to do some deep sea fishing - if it's available. Speak up if you are on the beach and line something up .. and are looking for a couple of tag alongs!

We'll be the silly Canadians with the overflowing Timmie's mugs. Hope you enjoy your vacation - we are certainly planning to!

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
1,758 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anyone going in Feb?

Frnchi: we're leaving Feb. 9th, also out of Toronto. we're from north bay and other couple we're travelling with from Chatham....cya at the airport !!!

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
niagara falls, ny...
Level Contributor
48 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anyone going in Feb?

Derek and Christine. We too are leaving from TO. We live in Lewiston N.Y., about 15 minutes north of Niagara Falls. My wife is from N.F. Canada,her sister lives in Toronto. We have been to Mexico several times and loved it there. Dominican was nice too. I am unable to go to Cuba, being from the states, but have heard many good things and would love to go. My buddy from Florida married a Cuban girl and was allowed to visit for short time, and he said it was nice there as well. We will be doing the zip lines, and probably the snorkeling at Cayos Cochinos. Lots of time on the beach soaking up the warmth, and free drinks. And would like to take a ride into La Ceiba and just wander around. I am looking for cigars. And hear a good place to get them is the Expatraites Bar and Grill,. Have heard different stories, but heard it is owned by a Canadian. And I have a question for anyone, and will take no offense to any answers. But every all inclusive we go to, Mexico and the Dominican, is mostly Canadians. Where are all the Americans? lol. But, I love Canadians, I married one, eh. Am looking forward to a good time. And I will be the one with a Black Dog cap on, from Martha's Vineyard, and maybe the occassional Buffalo Bills shirt, and sporting a slightly graying mustache. And I have been collecting beer tee shirts from the last few places we have been, so look for cervesa shirt guy. Kalik, from the bahamas, el presidente(domincan) hasta la vista

Fred and Lynne

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Florida
Florida
United States
Cayos Cochinos
Cayos Cochinos
328 Reviews
La Ceiba, Honduras
Ottawa
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anyone going in Feb?

Yes, Rick just bought Expats and he is Canadian. Be sure to drop in and see him, tell him Dave from L9A sent ya :) If he downst have the cigars you want, I'm sure he will be happy to direct you to a good spot.

Good souvenir shop right across the street also, so you can kill two birds with a couple beers!

All the charters for Palma Real are run out of Canada, hence the lack of Americans.

Enjoy!

D

niagara falls, ny...
Level Contributor
48 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Anyone going in Feb?

To DavePOttowa. About the Expats bar. I am reading the bar opens at 5pm. Is this correct? And are the cigars located within the bar and open at the same time? Also, how is the food. Have heard the wings are good, but I am about 20 minutes from the Anchor Bar in Buffalo, where the Buffalo wing first evolved,so any other reccomendations? And of course how is the cervesa (beer)? And had read something about a souvenir shop across the street, so thanks for the tip on that as well. Fred

Ottawa
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anyone going in Feb?

Emailed your questions, will post or send you priv msg with awnsers

D

Ottawa
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Anyone going in Feb?

Ok, here's the deal

"no tap beer avail in honduras apparently..carry about ten brands and many imports..german beers sells so well as does american miller lite, mgd, bud etc..corona always as well...getting cigars but none in stock worth selling..across road he carries amazing inventory though....wings are good and everything is cooked over a real charcoal grill and burgers are made of filet and best in the city for five bucks with fries, cheese and bacon...happy hour from 4-6 where beer and all alcoholic beverages cheap.."

Hope that helps

niagara falls, ny...
Level Contributor
48 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Anyone going in Feb?

So they do open earlier than 5, Happy hour 4-6. That is good to know. And for cigars, had heard that was the place to go. You are saying better selection across the street? And, how are the local beers, am always willing to try something new. Is U.S. dollars good there, or should we exchange to Lempira's? Thanks, fred

Get answers to your questions about La Ceiba
Recent Conversations