We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If deciding to go to Palma Real please read ALL reviews...

Which La Ceiba hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
125 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
If deciding to go to Palma Real please read ALL reviews...

FACT - My family has been to this resort 2 years in a row and have NEVER been ill and only knew a few that were. Our first year someone on our plane had the flu, sick and all and some people ended up getting the flu from him. This man and his family did not want to cancel their trip.

FACT - We use common sense when we are travelling in 3RD WORLD COUNTRIES... DO NOT DRINK WATER COMING OUT OF TAPS!!!! Brush your teeth with bottled water. Common sense people!

FACT - Palma Real is new to the North American tourism. They are trying but you will not get the same service as in Cancun, Cuba or any other Caribean destination. Go to Cancun if you want this!

We LOVED this place. We are a family of three with not a lot of money for a vacation. Palma Real is cheap and within our budget. They have problems I know but READ people. Read everything and make up your own mind. That's what we did but hey we really want to go to India and I'm sure most people would not be able to handle the cultural different there.

PLEASE do not make your choice on just a few good reviews. Read every one of them. Sit down with the Pros and Cons. That's what we did.

This hotel is best for people that want to White Water Raft, Zip Line, Hike and Kayak!

Orangeville...
Level Contributor
13 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: If deciding to go to Palma Real please read ALL reviews...

We are here right now and I must say We are enjoying ourselves, this resort truly is a 3.5 star, but is more than adequate for our needs. From one of the previous reviews, the photos of the tracks from the ¨Mafia Guys¨ drag racing on the beach, appear to be from the tractor and trailer that transports folks to and from the Caribe section to the Main section and back, what an as$·/le!! Good place to visit, make sure you take all of the adventures available, as they are well worth the money.

Cheers

Derek and Christine

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: If deciding to go to Palma Real please read ALL reviews...

D&C - and is anyone sick?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
125 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: If deciding to go to Palma Real please read ALL reviews...

Well Gail,

The last post seems pretty positive to me and he is right there now. So hopefully by the time we go everything will be fine.

Sounds like some other resorts are even going through the same thing in other countries. What a flu season we have had here too in Toronto. My son got it really bad 2 weeks ago. Poor thing, he's still not totally back to norm. Hopefully it's the same bug that was down south. Wishful thinking I know : )

I hope we hear back from the previous poster with an update if anyone is still sick.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,295 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: If deciding to go to Palma Real please read ALL reviews...

Yes TS, sounds very positive to me as well.

I'm certain by the time you go all will be cleared up, just in time for us to arrive.

28 days for us, whohoo !

(hope the CDN $ goes up a little bit eh?)

15. Re: If deciding to go to Palma Real please read ALL reviews...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 14:21