We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Diving in La Ceiba

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
120 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Diving in La Ceiba

How is the diving in La Ceiba? How does it compare to Roatan?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
125 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Diving in La Ceiba

The diving that goes out of La Ceiba will be off Roatan or Utlia or to the islands of Cayos Cochinos. It's all the same reef not sure if one spot is better than the other. My sister went diving from Roatan and loved it! I'm not sure if you call only see the whale sharks diving from just Utlia but I heard that was amazing too! You can get to both islands by ferry from La Ceiba. Utilia is about 40 mins. from the mainland and Roatan is just over an hour if I remember correctly.

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,890 posts
300 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Diving in La Ceiba

no good diving in la ceiba. the water is brown with runoff from the mountains. must go to the cayos or utila.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Diving in La Ceiba

Hubby dove Cayos Cochinos last March and loved it....

Will be diving in Roatan this October - can't make any comparison until then.

4. Re: Diving in La Ceiba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2010, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about La Ceiba
Recent Conversations