We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palma Real: 2 questions

Kent, Washington
Level Contributor
884 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Palma Real: 2 questions

I was thinking about trading in my time share to stay at the Palma Real in La Ceiba, but in reading the reviews I have 2 questions:

1) A lot of talk (much of it winter '09) about serious intestinal illness from eating at the resort. Has this been happening more recently?

2) Talk about robberies on the beach (machetes mentioned). How much of this is true, and how much was overblown? Has there been recent such troubles?

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,883 posts
298 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palma Real: 2 questions

i would stay away from the palm real. only reason to visit la ceiba is to board the ferry for the bay islands of utila or roatan.

the reviews on t.a. of palm real are accurate,

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Palma Real: 2 questions

Have things gotten that bad divenuts? We were there 2 yrs ago and thought it to be a great place. Yes there was illness and yes a machete incident (but it was dark when the ladies decided to walk the beach, far off the resort), but we enjoyed it there. Doesn't look like any tour operators have picked it up.

3. Re: Palma Real: 2 questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2011, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about La Ceiba