We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Ceiba, Honduras Banana Republic Guest House

Lexington
2 posts
Save Topic
La Ceiba, Honduras Banana Republic Guest House

My daughter spent the night at the Banana Republic Guest House last night and was robbed early this morning by the Guatemalian woman that shared her room. The woman took the cell phone, ipod, camera, cash, and credit cards but left the passport. Then she met up with a Guatemalian man and they purchased a laptop using one of the credit cards even though they had to show their passport and the AmEx card had the name Brown on it! Last night the woman kept asking my daughter what time she was leaving in the morning. Trust no one and keep your cash/credit and valuables on your person.

Edited: 18 May 2011, 22:33
The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
12,443 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Ceiba, Honduras Banana Republic Guest House

Why was she sharing her room with a Guatemalan woman she didn't know?!

Lexington
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: La Ceiba, Honduras Banana Republic Guest House

She was not sharing a room I found out. She put her belongings in a locker and the locked was pried off the next morning.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
12,443 posts
329 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Ceiba, Honduras Banana Republic Guest House

That's too bad. :-( I can't believe they left her passport - often the most valuable thing to go in a robbery.

4. Re: La Ceiba, Honduras Banana Republic Guest House

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 May 2012, 05:28
Get answers to your questions about La Ceiba
Recent Conversations