We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport in San Pedro Sula?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
102 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Airport in San Pedro Sula?

I've heard horror stories about going through customs at the airport in San Pedro Sula.

Natives and visitors tell me to lock my luggage, that way they can only be opened in person in front of me. I'm told to be very cautious of theft while they are examining my luggage?

Can anyone provide me with their experience at the airport?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
San Pedro Sula
San Pedro Sula
Cortes Department, Honduras
Kootenays
Level Contributor
471 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport in San Pedro Sula?

I've never locked my luggage or had any trouble.

Guatemala City...
Level Contributor
682 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport in San Pedro Sula?

I never lock my luggage when flying to SAP....( any valuables i travel with go in my carry on).

When arriving into Honduras -- Customs could do a bag search (in 5 years that i have been traveling back and forth from USA, -- i have only been searched like 2 times).. Customs is looking for commercial goods or items that need to pay import duties. Your standing right next to the inspector---so i cant see how they could steal anything.

When flying back to USA.... there is sometimes a secondary security check.... but again.. your right there to witness the inspection.

You should have no problems at all.....

Mentioned in this post
Honduras
Honduras
Central America
United States
United States
North America
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
102 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport in San Pedro Sula?

Thanks for the responses!

4. Re: Airport in San Pedro Sula?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2010, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about San Pedro Sula