We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Average flight costs from San Pedro Sula to Roatan

Which San Pedro Sula hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mobile AL
Level Contributor
294 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Average flight costs from San Pedro Sula to Roatan

I'm checking into flight costs between SPS, Roatan and La Ceiba. TACA and CM airlines are very expensive unless the prices are posted in lempiras. Can anyone share average costs for roundtrip from SPS and Roatan and SPS and La Ceiba? If prices were posted in US, they were close to $900.00 US round trip.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
10,992 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Average flight costs from San Pedro Sula to Roatan

Too much for USD and not high enough for lemps - not sure where you found those flights. Here's a webpage with links to airline websites - maybe something there will help. Happy trails!

http://www.mariposa-lodge.com/3.html

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,758 posts
268 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Average flight costs from San Pedro Sula to Roatan

flights to roatan (including cm and sosa/taca ) are around $120 one way from san pedro sula. sps to la ceiba are around $65 one way.

Mobile AL
Level Contributor
294 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Average flight costs from San Pedro Sula to Roatan

Thanks for the help. Those prices came directly from the sites. I believe the costs for 2 roundtrip tickets from SPS to Roatan were listed at $1950.50. TACA's site says that is US dollars. Some of the other sites don't specify currency. The costs from your posts looks more realistic based on our travel experiences in Belize several years ago.

The Dalles, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Guatemala, Belize
Level Contributor
10,992 posts
327 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Average flight costs from San Pedro Sula to Roatan

That's the price I saw last night when I checked the CM page before responding. I knew 900 wasn't right but HNL (Honduran Lempira - it has the initials before the price) $1950.50 is just under $100 US which is a good price in my experience. Here's the conversion page I used: http://www.xe.com/

¡Buena suerte!

Edited: 11 October 2012, 14:06
San Carlos, Mexico
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Average flight costs from San Pedro Sula to Roatan

Flying this week San Pedro - Roatan $118.00

Hartford...
Level Contributor
9 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Average flight costs from San Pedro Sula to Roatan

I'll jump onto this conversation thread - I'm taking the Roatan flight on Taca from SAP. They say to be at the airport three hours in advance (?!). If I'm on the 8am flight, what time should I actually get there?

Thank you!

St Ives, United...
Level Contributor
9 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Average flight costs from San Pedro Sula to Roatan

Hi did an 8 am flight, a hour was fine before flight time with taca .

Hartford...
Level Contributor
9 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Average flight costs from San Pedro Sula to Roatan

Thank you!

9. Re: Average flight costs from San Pedro Sula to Roatan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2014, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about San Pedro Sula
Recent Conversations