We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

going to teguc for a few days in april. What is there to do?

Charlotte, North...
1 post
Save Topic
going to teguc for a few days in april. What is there to do?

I'm stopping in teguc for a few days and want to know what is. there to do , where to eat , etc. I have friends their but I want to get some ideas ahead of time.

La Ceiba...
Level Contributor
159 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: going to teguc for a few days in april. What is there to do?

Easter week, or Semana Santa is during the month of April this year. If you happen to be there during those days, don't miss the chance to see the colorful sawdust carpets that are made to celebrate Semana Santa, they are usually set up on Thursday night to have them ready for the Good Friday Celebrations.

Personally, I love downtown Tegus. Visit the Central Park, the Cathedral, and then the Paseo Liquidambar pedestrian street down to the Museo de Identidad Nacional, the Church of Los Dolores and even the Manuel Bonilla Theater. This is a good half day activity. Although safe, do not bring excess cash, jewels, etc.

Nearby is the town of Ojojona that is nice and quite active on weekends. Another couple of nice towns to visit are Valle de Angeles and Santa Lucia.

Mentioned in this post
Liquidambar
Liquidambar
15 Reviews
Santa Lucia, Honduras
wix
Vancouver Island...
Level Contributor
827 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: going to teguc for a few days in april. What is there to do?

La Tigra National Park, about 15 miles out of town, is worth a visit. You can grab a local bus, or find a tour. It's quite high and has excellent hiking trails and cloud forest.

The National Art Gallery is quite charming, in an old convent and with a sample of art from Mayan to modern.

There are other museums as well.

MO
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: going to teguc for a few days in april. What is there to do?

In addition to the excellent suggestions so far go to the markets across the river in Comayaguela. Visit Parque La Leona. Go to El Picacho on top of the mountain where the giant statue of Christ is. It's best on the weekends when it is full of picnicking families. There's a zoo and gardens there also. Great views of the whole city from up there. Lot's of places to eat but try El Patio.

Mentioned in this post
El Picacho
El Picacho
364 Reviews
Tegucigalpa, Honduras
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
60 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: going to teguc for a few days in april. What is there to do?

Alongside the aforementioned visit la cacerola, best wallet friendly soups you'll have in your life. Go around dinner time as much hours can be packed. Or look at their menu ahead of time and call in to see what they have for those days since they only make soups on certain days I believe. It's worth the trip though. Also, on the way to valle de Angeles, around el chimbo, there are various restaurants to pick from if you're looking at friendly atmosphere and nice getaway. Don't forget to catch a quick afternoon break to watch movies in the few malls Honduras has to offer. el picacho statue is worth the visit too as a group. Always be safety proactive and conscious around the city. I love Tegucigalpa , but it can be dodgy if you don't take precautionary measures. And you cannot leave without having a good baleada with fresh squeezed orange from beleada express. You can find them in the malls generally. Enjoy

Edited: 15 May 2014, 19:06
Mentioned in this post
Honduras
Honduras
Central America
Tegucigalpa
Tegucigalpa
Francisco Morazan Department, Honduras
5. Re: going to teguc for a few days in april. What is there to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 May 2015, 08:16
Get answers to your questions about Tegucigalpa
Recent Conversations