We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice restaurant in Tegu?

maine
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nice restaurant in Tegu?

Hello - I just found out the restaurant I wanted to go to for dinner is closed for the holiday (Rojo, Verde y Ajo). Can anyone recommend a good alternative? We are staying near the Marriott and don't want to go TOOO far, but don't mind having to take a taxi for up to 20 minutes.

Thanks!

MacDougal28

Beirut, Lebanon
Level Contributor
456 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice restaurant in Tegu?

This was posted before I was on this forum, but I thought I'd answer now anyway, just for anyone searching the threads....

Rojo, Verde y Ajo doesn't have the best food (in my opinion), but is certainly always busy, which is something here!

For good Italian food try La Bodeguita Italiana, or Gino's. Charlotte's Bistro has good food too. Sabor Cubano is hopping on the weekends and you can dance as well as eat, but I have to say the food there is also only so-so.

virginia
Level Contributor
147 posts
840 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice restaurant in Tegu?

Hello American Oversees,

Do you have any good information about getting from Tegus to Comayagua? Please see my post (today, Feb. 7).

Thanks,

Luke47

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice restaurant in Tegu?

I am traveling to Honduras for the first yime on the 20th of June and I read on the state dept. site how dangerous it is there. I am a seasoned traveler but I am tired of becoming Indiana Jones on every trip. I am going from Tegu-North about 2.5 hours to the Talanga area. Should I be worried about the road, finding a hotel, getting ambushed?

Any help is appreciated,

Dennis

DCcafe@aol.com

virginia
Level Contributor
147 posts
840 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice restaurant in Tegu?

Hola Dennis,

I have been to Honduras several times, but not to the Talanga area. My trips have been to the Copan ruins, staying in the quaint town of Copan Ruinas. I've also been to the coast to Tela and La Ceiba, and the Bay Islands. I've around Tegus (Villa de Angeles and other little towns.) I've never felt threatened in Honduras, taking the chicken buses and taxis. Here's a Wikipedia link to Talanga - sounds neat; I'll add it to my list!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talanga

So, I say go for it. I always say a prayer, practice street smarts, and have a great time. If you have nay more questions, feel free to contacjt me.

Luke

virginia
Level Contributor
147 posts
840 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice restaurant in Tegu?

P.S. Also enjoyed visiting the old colonial capital of Honduras, Comayagua. While not as beautiful as Antigua, I enjoyed it and its people. I like all the old colonial capital cities, like Suchitoto, El Salvador.

6. Re: Nice restaurant in Tegu?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2009, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Tegucigalpa