We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vacation home rentals in/near Trujillo?

Danville, California
Level Contributor
198 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Vacation home rentals in/near Trujillo?

Although the Tranquility Bay Resort sounds lovely, we would like to rent a vacation villa near Trujillo. We must have a view, a pool, and a cook! Is that asking for too much? Can any of you make a recommendation?

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,910 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vacation home rentals in/near Trujillo?

Have you been to that part of Honduras before?

Danville, California
Level Contributor
198 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vacation home rentals in/near Trujillo?

We haven't visited Honduras "yet." Just heard that it's beautiful. I see that you "live" there? Would you like to e-mail me privately?

Danville, California
Level Contributor
198 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vacation home rentals in/near Trujillo?

P.S. We found a beautiful vacation rental there with everything BUT the pool.

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,910 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vacation home rentals in/near Trujillo?

I've only spent a day & a half there ( a friend was working there for a Canadian real estate developer), so I can't give much info I'm afraid. I live on utila one of the bay islands & I don't spend much time on the mainland. trujillo like much of the north coast of Honduras has miles

of deserted beaches although theres no good diving (my passion)& smiling happy

garifuna faces.Trujillo is Hard to get to, it gets mostly Canadian visitors & is very low key (like utila) with some interesting history. I don't know why (may be just the water, no diving thing) but it wasn't my cup of tea. It probably wouldn't be my choice of first places to visit in Honduras.

Danville, California
Level Contributor
198 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vacation home rentals in/near Trujillo?

We're not into diving although I like to snorkel. We're looking for a secluded, laid-back, "big view" vacation rental for two couples. Having a town nearby is a plus. And we do like happy faces!! Also lots of natural beauty. I'm not advertising but a home on vrbo (http://www.vrbo.com/323050) is almost our kind of place but there's no pool. If you check it out you'll see what we're looking for.

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,910 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vacation home rentals in/near Trujillo?

Looks hard to beat !

Utila, Honduras
Destination Expert
for Utila
Level Contributor
2,910 posts
310 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vacation home rentals in/near Trujillo?

If u haven't already I'd contact the owner re. A chef. I can't imagine that they can't arrange one for a modest fee

Danville, California
Level Contributor
198 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vacation home rentals in/near Trujillo?

There is a cook!!!! No POOL!!!

Napa, California
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Vacation home rentals in/near Trujillo?

I think Tranquillity Bay would have been your best bet. They have their own cooks who will cook whatever you want - or mostly so! Right next door is a hotel that has a pool that you can use for a small fee. All of this is right on the water which is where you want to be - that 's where the breezes are. I'm from Napa CA and I go there every year! But, truth be told, I grew up in Trujillo. Staying way up above the town gives you a bigger view but no beach life or much normal life.

Did you ever go? I'm heading there next week.

Vernon, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Vacation home rentals in/near Trujillo?

Hi there,

May I suggest you take a look at Casa 17, Campavista. There is no cook but there is a pool with a view of Trujillo bay. Check out the web site WWW.naturalhonduras.com

Get answers to your questions about Trujillo
More Trujillo Topics