We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nearest hotels to downtown?

Pittsburgh
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Nearest hotels to downtown?

Hi,

My husband and I will be visiting athens on the 17th and 18th of October. We have been trying to find a hotel that is within walking distance to everything in Downtown Athens such as all the bars and restaurants. We really don't want to have to drive to and from the hotel but down want a three or four mile walk either. Is there any hotel (other than the Hilton which is full) that is relatively close?

Thanks,

Nia

atlanta ga
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nearest hotels to downtown?

Take a look here:

http://www.mapquest.com/mq/3-O7qd0u7bqlJy

But you realize the Georgia plays Vandy that weekend, so i doubt you will have much luck with something downtown.

atlanta
Level Contributor
579 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nearest hotels to downtown?

A hotel downtown on game day is impossible, there is a waiting list to get on. You may be able to get a place near the mall. Cabs are pretty cheap in athens and pretty quick.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
28,992 posts
420 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nearest hotels to downtown?

You will find Athens full on game day- at least in the downtown area. You might try out on 316 or near Alps Rd. We were in Pittsburgh in early Sept. and the Steelers and Pitt Panthers were playing. No hotels available near Pitt campus or the stadium. Hope this helps.

4. Re: Nearest hotels to downtown?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 18:18