We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Music Venues allowing 16 year olds?

Spokane, WA
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Topic
Music Venues allowing 16 year olds?

We will be visiting UGA this summer and my son loves live music (which is one reason he is attracted to Athens and UGA). Any suggestions for quality live music (rock/pop/alt/etc) venues that allow minors would be appreciated?

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,429 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Music Venues allowing 16 year olds?

A good rule is if it is a restaurant setting then all ages but if it is more like a pub/bar there will be restrictions.

Edited: 25 May 2010, 12:55
Atlanta, GA
Level Contributor
291 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Music Venues allowing 16 year olds?

If you have a venue in mind I would call and check with them. The only hard and fast rule in my experience is that bars will be 21 and up. Other venues will be a mix of all ages and 21+. Often times it depends on the show. The only venue in Athens I am familiar with is the Melting Point, its a restaurant, that features local, regional and national acts. Its a pretty good venue for music, the acoustics are great and the food is pretty good as well. I was there for a show last a few weeks ago but can remember if I saw anyone under 21 or not. I would recommend calling them and inquiring about age restrictions for their shows and maybe they can point you to some other venues that would admit a 16 yo.

Edited: 25 May 2010, 14:00
3. Re: Music Venues allowing 16 year olds?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 November 2010, 05:17