We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Augusta National: Bribing grounds staff to play course?

London
3 posts
Save Topic
Augusta National: Bribing grounds staff to play course?

Has anyone ever come across this? I understand that some grounds staff at Augusta have in the past facilitated those that are not members or friends of members in getting on to the property and playing a few holes.

Can't imagine it is something that most people have the sheer front to attempt, but surely it is possible?

Gainesville, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Gainesville
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
1,217 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Augusta National: Bribing grounds staff to play course?

you aint from around here now are you boy? i don't think i'd fly over here and not get a motel room first if you are waiting for this to happen, but good luck and enjoy your trip. in answer to your question, no, never, not one time, ever. a snowball has got a better chance...but you are welcome to try

Augusta, Georgia
Level Contributor
509 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Augusta National: Bribing grounds staff to play course?

I have a great deal going. You can not only play the course but also get a lovely souvenir, the Brooklyn Bridge. Just bring cash.

3. Re: Augusta National: Bribing grounds staff to play course?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 21:22