We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Six Flags questions regarding March/April and tickets...

Kingsport, Tennessee
Level Contributor
251 posts
87 reviews
Save Topic
Six Flags questions regarding March/April and tickets...

I want to take my 2 kids to six flags. I was thinking of going in March or April to avoid the HEAT since I know how blazing hot it can be in the summer.

Wondering

1. How bad are the crowds on the weekends in March and April ?

2. Is the spring break week a huge nightmare for someone who would be traveling with kids ?

3. When would be the LEAST crowded time to go ? During the week ?

Also, does Six Flags do the "After three, next day free" option that Dollywood does or do I have to buy tickets for each day I plan to attend ?

Thanks !

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,408 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Six Flags questions regarding March/April and tickets...

Six Flags is only opened during the week of April 5-9 otherwise only on the weekends. They have an online special for tickets for about 30 dollars. The regualr price is about 45 dollars. In terms of crowds you will find more people going the week the park is opened because that is spring break for this area. We have not been to the park in the past two years because our children are now in college. My neice and her kids went last spring and are planning another trip this year. Hopefully someone who has kids will post on crowds, etc.

Kingsport, Tennessee
Level Contributor
251 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Six Flags questions regarding March/April and tickets...

We would probablly go on a weekend in March or April. I cannot stand to be outside in blazing hot summer weather for very long periods of time.

We are about 3 1/2-4 hours away. We will probablly stay at the hotel that is right beside six flags.

Thanks for any info any of you can give me regarding crowds and after 3 next day free (Dollywood does this wondering if Six Flags does).

Kennesaw, GA
Level Contributor
312 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Six Flags questions regarding March/April and tickets...

You might want to consider staying at a hotel either in Marietta or Douglasville. The area around Six Flags has become one of the most crime ridden in the Atlanta area.

Kingsport, Tennessee
Level Contributor
251 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Six Flags questions regarding March/April and tickets...

Oh thank you so much for that info. I have 2 small kids and that is REALLY great to know.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,408 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Six Flags questions regarding March/April and tickets...

I agree. We have several very nice hotels at the Hwy 5 exit in Douglasville. There is also a large number of restaurants at the exit. You can get to Six Flags in about 10 minutes.

Kingsport, Tennessee
Level Contributor
251 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Six Flags questions regarding March/April and tickets...

Ok, thanks :)

Kingsport, Tennessee
Level Contributor
251 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Six Flags questions regarding March/April and tickets...

Ok, what about if I come on 85 ? Can you recommend a safe place to stay near six flags ?

What about Lawrenceville ? Ideas ?

We will be traveling from Kingsport, TN. Thanks.

Kingsport, Tennessee
Level Contributor
251 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Six Flags questions regarding March/April and tickets...

Ok, nevermind.....I was wrong. Looks like Marietta would be a better choice for us we will not be on 85. Thanks.

Atlanta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Road Trips
Level Contributor
30,408 posts
442 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Six Flags questions regarding March/April and tickets...

You will probably be coming down I-75 and yes Marietta would be another choice but you would be about 30-45 minutes from the park. I would stay in the Kennesaw area because it has lots of hotels and restaurants. It is a very busy area with lots of traffic a certain times of the day.

Kingsport, Tennessee
Level Contributor
251 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Six Flags questions regarding March/April and tickets...

Ok.

Looking at my options in those areas.

1 more question...

What about Smyrna ? Saw a nice Hyatt hotel online that said it is about 13 minutes away from Six Flags. What is your take on this ? The room rate was right around 65.00 which seems good. It seemed sorta upscale.

Also when do hotels in this area open their outdoor pools ?

Thanks and I really appreciate everyone's help.

Get answers to your questions about Austell