We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best area to rent house/ condo in for family with young kids

birmingham, mi
Level Contributor
161 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
best area to rent house/ condo in for family with young kids

we are a family of 6 with 4 kids that are 8, 6, 4, and 1 ( or will be when we go in december ) and I am looking for a nice house or condo that we can rent on the kona kohala coast - I need a pool ( or close access to a nice one ) and I would like a nearby swimmable beach- An ocean view as well- - I am willing to pay up to $ 800- 900 / night for these amenities- Any thoughts ??? Thanks

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,465 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best area to rent house/ condo in for family with young kids

you wont find anything like that in Kona-or Keauhou.... Go to Waikoloa beach resort

What you want is only found at Kolea. figure about 700 a night.. "

A "bay, on the beach, shopping and entertainment all family oriented Kids pools the Hiltons water park will be closed that time of year because the hotel will be full... it is in a family area, lots to do for kids, great beach, 3 bed condos.

Over 2 dozen of the best restauraunts within 5 miles Homes you describe will 3 to 5 times your budget for December.

Book both car and room now.... this is the most traveled tme and most in demand

Kona is more a 20-30s place not family orented

OC, CA
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: best area to rent house/ condo in for family with young kids

Check out Kolea. Best unit for you is 8E. Right across from the beach club which has direct access to the beach. Nice pool and small shallow sandy bottom pool for the young ones. 8E looks onto the pool area. 3 Bedroom/3.5 Bath in your price range. You can check it out at http://kolearentals.com/kole.htm.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
394 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best area to rent house/ condo in for family with young kids

We stayed in a house called "Heaven", which is right across the street from Kahalu'u Beach Park. It is just alittle bit south of Kona, near Keahou. It has a pool, and plenty of bedrooms. Do a search on here for a couple of previous posts where I gave alot more detail about it, and links to the sites it is listed with. Have fun!!!

4. Re: best area to rent house/ condo in for family with young kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 May 2007, 21:51
5. Re: best area to rent house/ condo in for family with young kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 07:16