We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Whale watching tour

Escondido...
Level Contributor
377 posts
84 reviews
Save Topic
Whale watching tour

Is tha whale watching as good on the big island as it is in Maui? Does anyone reccommed a tour company? My husband and I will be in Hawaii for 12 days in early March. We start in Oahu for 7 days then fly to the big island for 5 nights. Thanks for all the helpful information on this website. It is so helpful.

Dolphin Discoveries
Eco Tours, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Swim with Dolphins, Boat Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling
Kona Ocean Adventures
Boat Tours, Private Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Swim with Dolphins
Coral Reef Snorkel Adventures
Swim with Dolphins, Scuba & Snorkeling, Dolphin & Whale Watching
Hawaii Oceanic
Eco Tours, Scuba & Snorkeling, Dolphin & Whale Watching, Boat Tours, Swim with Dolphins
Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Whale watching tour

Captain Dan McSweeney should be your choice, he is an internationally acclaimed whale researcher. You will be borderline for the humpbacks though, they are here from November to March.

MD
Level Contributor
292 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Whale watching tour

We are just back from a Captain Dan McSweeney trip and it was great. I can strongly recommend it.

Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
4,236 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Whale watching tour

Aloha, Dan McSweeney is who we have used many times and recommend BUT I think you may just miss the whales.. check when you get inot town. IMHO Maui has better whale watching...

4. Re: Whale watching tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 22:18