We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buffet breakfast at Hapuna Beach?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Buffet breakfast at Hapuna Beach?

Anyone had the buffet breakfast at the Hapuna Beach Prince Hotel? If so, what's it like?

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,788 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buffet breakfast at Hapuna Beach?

It's wonderful!

The Mauna Kea always hosted this brunch until the earthquake, and it's still got all the Mauna Kea quality. I was there for Christmas at the Hapuna, and have been to the Mauna Kea brunch 2-3 times.

It's on a big open air terrace with open view.

There are so many kinds of food it's hard to say what all there is, but there's an omelet station, eggs benedict, meats, fish, fresh waffles, sushi, sashimi, tempura, all sorts of salads, breads, fruit, desserts, and of each of those classes there are 10-20 choices that all look delicious.

You can eat as much as you want, and take as long as you like.

Non-alcoholic drinks are included, and there's a full bar, which serves champagne drinks as well, alcohol charged separately.

They are very on top of cleaning your old plates away and taking care of you.

The only problem really is being so full afterwards.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buffet breakfast at Hapuna Beach?

Holy smokes! That sounds amazing! Thank you so much for your very detailed reply! :)

Kona, Hawaii
Level Contributor
4,236 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buffet breakfast at Hapuna Beach?

KK is sooooooo right. We do this brunch at least 3 times a year and starve ourselves prior to going. I love the seating there, get there early and sit on the terrace closest to the ocean, amazing expansive views. The food is excellent, the omelet station is the best. Shrimp and Crab to die for. The fruit station is beautiful with the best strawberries, they melt in your mouth. There is so much there that you could not eat one of everything with out bursting. They have live entertainment as well. Bring a newspaper and just linger, you never feel rushed.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
14,136 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buffet breakfast at Hapuna Beach?

I wonder if KK and AA are describing SUNDAY brunch??? Or else Hapuna is a more happenin' place than I thought--starting every day with champagne for breakfast!

Level Contributor
68 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Buffet breakfast at Hapuna Beach?

Sounds like a great way to start off the day in the area.

Is it offered everyday (or only Sundays) and if so, any idea how much per person?

Thanks..

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,788 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buffet breakfast at Hapuna Beach?

oh my gosh,

thank you guys, I guess I misread the question.

Chicocat, are you talking about what you get every morning as a hotel guest?

Oops! No I don't know what that's like.

This brunch costs money and is only on Sundays and certain holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Buffet breakfast at Hapuna Beach?

its on sunday...figure about $75 per person

The daily buffet is a standard hotel buffet about $28 per person eggs waffels, fruit, bacon sausage juice,

Hawaii
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Buffet breakfast at Hapuna Beach?

We've enjoyed their brunch many many times. Partly just the setting and how comfortable and relaxed and the great view. The food is very good, not excellent. But all-in-all, I'd say B+.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
38,788 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Buffet breakfast at Hapuna Beach?

Dan, the brunch doesn't cost $75 per person. Christmas was only $48 per person, and the price was raised for that because it had extras, like turkey and stuffing etc..

I think we paid $39 or $42 at the Mauna Kea.

Our approach to this brunch is to ignore the huge array of choices and pick out the best stuff. My husband manages to eat well over the cost of brunch with the sashimi alone. ;-)

MD
Level Contributor
292 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Buffet breakfast at Hapuna Beach?

We were at the Hapuna for 10 days in Feb. and the described breakfast buffet is that extensive every day, not just Sunday.