We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tara Firma Inn - Volcanoes

Bracebridge, Ontario
Level Contributor
706 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Tara Firma Inn - Volcanoes

Anyone heard of this B&B, it looks relatively new but haven't found any reviews.........ANY input is appreciated!!

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tara Firma Inn - Volcanoes

Likedsun......

With the up surge in visitors almost everyone with a spare bed and a computer is opening their own un-official B&B and thus there ar e scores springing up....

Since they arn't getting any licence it is up to the visitor to see if they meet health and safety codes and such standards. What are your assurances of quality ...????

That is my quandry....how do you evaluate an un regulated industry.... For that matter you could have a social offender offering special rates to singles with kids......

Hamakua
Level Contributor
393 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tara Firma Inn - Volcanoes

Aloha LikenDSun,

It looks like rooms in a private residence set in a rural residential area. It is on "B" road, so they haven't gotten around to naming the roads yet but in some areas that can take decades. It is a four bedroom, three bath home set on half an acre and it is owned by the people doing the B & B. Built in 1989, a story and a half and just over 2,000 square feet of living area.

The owners don't seem to be wanted by the police for anything and they've paid their taxes. That's all I can find out in the public databases. Haven't a clue what their cooking is like. I'm sure it is nowhere near as fancy as the Kohala resorts, but then, the price isn't anywhere near as fancy as the resort prices, either.

A hui hou,

Hotzcatz

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Tara Firma Inn - Volcanoes

Always had good experiences trying something 'new' however I am not dumb enough to do it without realizing the potential and at least asking around to see what the locals know!!

Anyone who hears anything or has any further experience please let me know!!

Thx Dan and Hotcatz