We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Vancouver
Level Contributor
607 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kohala coast Hotels

I am desperately needing some help with choosing a place to stay on he Big Island. It would be for myself and my 8 year old. Does anyone know of any deals to stay at one of the hotels on the Kohala Coast? I have tried VRBO but nothing that is close to the beach area. Would like to be near Hapuna Beach.

Thank you

Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kohala coast Hotels

Hapuna Beach Prince goes for around a $100 on priceline.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
607 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Kohala coast Hotels

Can only Americans get that price? I just phoned the hotel directly and they said the cheapest rate is $225.00

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
14,569 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kohala coast Hotels

I think the person said the lower rate was a Priceline bid. I never used Prioceline so I have no idea who can or canot use it.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,615 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kohala coast Hotels

Your best bargain close to Kohala and Waikoloa will be Kamuella Inn up the hill from Hapuna about 15 to 20 minutes about $65 for double occupancy (read my review). Includes free coffee/juice/toast, t.v., free internet. Good basic clean accomodation but not the Ritz. Pretty quiet cause its set back from the main road. Good central place for day trips to Pololu Valley, Hawi, Waikoloa, Kona, Waipio Valley overlook, etc. If so expect cooler rainier weather up there. Many good places to eat in Waimea. Also, avoid rush hour late afternoons going back up hill.

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,615 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kohala coast Hotels

Also check out B&Bs or rentals in Puako area cause thats about 5 minute drive to Hapuna Beach.

California
Level Contributor
891 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kohala coast Hotels

I think your 8-year-old would love the Hilton Waikoloa with the water slides and large lagoon, plus there are dolphins. It's a real family resort just perfect for children.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
607 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Kohala coast Hotels

Thank you... this is tough

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
14,569 posts
312 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kohala coast Hotels

Right at Hapuna, the Prince. It is cheaper than Mauna Kea.

Hilton does have that pool and lagoon and you can take a shuttle to A-Bay. A Bay may be safer for the 8 year old, Hapuna can have a nasty shore break.

Marriott would be my choice for at the beach at A-Bay.

Renting at Puako you will be driving to a beach. Same with a B&B. If you do drive to beaches, Kua and Waialea are very nice as well. But the 8 year old may find A-Bay the most accessible.

9. Re: Kohala coast Hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 April 2010, 06:17