We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free internet at the Hilton Waikoloa and Outrigger Keauhou?

California
Level Contributor
882 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Free internet at the Hilton Waikoloa and Outrigger Keauhou?

We'll be staying at the Hilton Waikoloa for five nights. Is free Internet access available in the lobby? I know there's a charge in the rooms. We'll also be staying at the Outrigger Keauhou Beach Resort. Last year there was free access in the guest rooms. Is it still free?

Portland, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Waikoloa
Level Contributor
911 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Free internet at the Hilton Waikoloa and Outrigger Keauhou?

If memory serves me correctly, my husband did go down to the bar near the main lobby for free wireless. I do know that it is expensive in the room $14.95. I think he paid for 1 day just get caught up on his emails. We will be there for 7 days at Christmas, and I am hoping to convince him to keep his laptop at home. He has a blackberry, which all his email gets uploaded to the phone. Aloha!!

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,602 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Free internet at the Hilton Waikoloa and Outrigger Keauhou?

There's Starbucks store in Queens Market Place and also next to Wendies in Kona. If you buy a $5 gift card and log in that will be your total cost for the month (worth it log in at your local Starbucks for traveling internet access). I believe the Denny's in Kona is free internet as well (next to Wallmart).

California
Level Contributor
882 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Free internet at the Hilton Waikoloa and Outrigger Keauhou?

Thanks to both of your for your replies.

united states
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Free internet at the Hilton Waikoloa and Outrigger Keauhou?

I think there's a free internet connection. I've read a travel guide book about Hilton Waikoloa once. They offer free internet service.

5. Re: Free internet at the Hilton Waikoloa and Outrigger Keauhou?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 27 October 2009, 03:20
San Diego
Level Contributor
171 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Free internet at the Hilton Waikoloa and Outrigger Keauhou?

The Outrigger Keauhou has ʻComplimentary high-speed internet access in guest roomsʻ.....It came in handy when I was there in February....work called ;(

California
Level Contributor
882 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Free internet at the Hilton Waikoloa and Outrigger Keauhou?

Thank you for confirming what I thought. It was free last year at the Keauhou, but I wasn't sure if that was still the case. Will be there in one week,

California
Level Contributor
882 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Free internet at the Hilton Waikoloa and Outrigger Keauhou?

Answering my own question. We're now at the Hilton, and there is NO free Internet. I decided to spend $12.95 for 24 hours so I could play on my computer and check email while my hubby watches football.

Portland, Tennessee
Destination Expert
for Waikoloa
Level Contributor
911 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Free internet at the Hilton Waikoloa and Outrigger Keauhou?

Thank you for the update! Enjoy your trip!! Mahalo

10. Re: Free internet at the Hilton Waikoloa and Outrigger Keauhou?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2010, 05:17