I want to see 2 things on the big island.
1. night snorkel with manta rays
2. red/active lava flow especially at night though I'd like to see it during the day as well.
I'm going there this Saturday. I need to be extremely time efficient cause I need to head over to Maui afterward as well and only have 7 days total. I cannot stand helicopters or very small planes. I want to stay at a clean, yet cost efficient place (like 3 star quality).
1. How should I arrange my schedule? This includes which airport I should land at, any suggestions on hotels/condos to stay at, should I do the manta ray snorkel or lava flow first (I don't even know where the lava is flowing)?
2. If I booked a night flight to Maui from the Big Island, would I be able to see the lava from the airplane?
3. Am I missing out on any must see things on the Big Island?