We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kona Brewery Information

Cranbrook, Canada
Level Contributor
222 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Kona Brewery Information

I saw on the Kona Brewery site that you can go on a tour at 10:30.

We were going to go there for lunch but perhaps will do the tour before that...is it worth it?

Has anyone been on the tour before?

Is there a cost?

Do you have to reserve?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Kailua-Kona
Kailua-Kona
Island of Hawaii, HI
California
Level Contributor
7,125 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kona Brewery Information

Of all the times I've been there I've never done the tour. My guess is you won't need a reservation. The place is pretty much empty until the lunch crowd starts.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
40,322 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kona Brewery Information

It wouldn't interest me, but who knows, it might you. I went on a tour of the Guinness brewery in Dublin, and that's a big attraction, still found it only mildly interesting ... vats and barrels ... yawn, give me a beer now, thank you.

Kona Brewery is OK for lunch but it has it's drawbacks. If you want to eat outside, it is hot and humid and the flies are all over everything. It's screened by shrubbery because it's in a busy area, and that means no breeze. Nicer at night.

I have eaten lunch there lots of times, but I wouldn't list it as that special.

Mentioned in this post
Kailua-Kona
Kailua-Kona
Island of Hawaii, HI
Cranbrook, Canada
Level Contributor
222 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kona Brewery Information

Good tip about supper instead of lunch...I personally HATE flies...bugs, etc...

We are from Canada - "land of beer" - so we can't visit and not go to a local Brewery!

We will do a supper...I can already taste the sampler...mmmm....

Cranbrook, Canada
Level Contributor
222 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kona Brewery Information

Are there many bugs on the Big Island in January & February?

Do we need bug spray for mosquitos or anything?

Mentioned in this post
Island of Hawaii...
Level Contributor
7,943 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kona Brewery Information

"...I can already taste the sampler...mmmm...."

You will be disappointed, my cousin who lives in Austria, another "Land of Beer," did not finish any of the six!

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
40,322 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Kona Brewery Information

The island isn't bad with mosquitoes in most places. Any time you are in rain forest it will be though. I don't know why Kona Brewery has so many flies, but it's one place I've noticed them being a nuisance. Not like a plague of flies, don't get alarmed.

Mentioned in this post
Kailua-Kona
Kailua-Kona
Island of Hawaii, HI
Stony Plain Alberta
Level Contributor
162 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Kona Brewery Information

ok, now for the most important question, is the beer anygood, what could you compare it to...

Cranbrook, Canada
Level Contributor
222 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Kona Brewery Information

Is any beer bad?

Canadian beer's have a really high alchohol content. American beers are quite light and European beers tend to be more full bodied.

I think as long as you have an open mind & open pallet you can find something to appreciate in every pint!

Different is not bad & sometimes new tastes just need to be aquired!

9. Re: Kona Brewery Information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 November 2010, 16:57
Edited: 26 November 2010, 16:57
10. Re: Kona Brewery Information

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 26 November 2010, 23:01
Edited: 26 November 2010, 23:01