We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entertainment Book Question for HawaiiDan

Tulsa
Level Contributor
189 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Entertainment Book Question for HawaiiDan

I've been reading about the Entertainment Book in the Honolulu, Oahu forum. Do you know if there are any coupons in it that are good for the Big Island?

Thanks!

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,443 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Entertainment Book Question for HawaiiDan

No.......I've never even heard of it..... till you brought it to my attention....I you can do as good when you are here... for free

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,443 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Entertainment Book Question for HawaiiDan

I checked the listings offered and it looks like a burger king, and KFC and a mexican place are all I could find in the Big island

for $25 you could buy a lot of chicken and burgers on you own. without any "book"

Honolulu is the 9th largest city on the US and thus these books I think will tent to focus on them, No tours, helos, hotels, and only fast food discounts...........

Tulsa
Level Contributor
189 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Entertainment Book Question for HawaiiDan

Thanks for the info!

Omaha, NE
Level Contributor
1,285 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Entertainment Book Question for HawaiiDan

I buy the Entertainment book for my home town. With it comes a travel card that gets me half-price hotel discounts all over, including Hawaii. These discounts easily save us the price of the book, then we get the coupons to use at home for the rest of the year.

Some of the hotels that are included are: Hilo/Kona Seaside, Hilo Hawaiian, Royal Kona, King Kam. Many others as well that I didn't check out.

Tulsa
Level Contributor
189 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Entertainment Book Question for HawaiiDan

Thanks Mike. We've bought the book for here too but I'm going to have to say I mostly buy it because it's usually a fund raiser for schools. I rarely ever use a coupon out of it. From what I understand there are coupons in it for the Battleship Missouri which my husband wants to see. It didn't look there was anything in it for the Pearl Harbor Memorial. I'm getting conflicting information about whether there is a charge to visit it. My husband says he's reading there's no charge but someone with a book, on e-bay, says they used the coupon for Pearl Harbor. I'm just trying to find out if I will save the money I spend in coupons that I use! Since we are spending a few days on Oahu before our time on the BI we'll probably go ahead and get one.

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,443 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Entertainment Book Question for HawaiiDan

the hotels listed ar the places where you wouls not want to stay on a bet......low quality hiigh prices... tired..worn.. They need to give a discount.

Level Contributor
239 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Entertainment Book Question for HawaiiDan

There are coupons for all the bigger hawaiian islands. Oahu,Maui, Kauai, Hawaii. We have purchased the entertainment book twice for Hawaii. Most of the coupons are good on Oahu, then Maui. Not much for the big island if I remember correctly. We got lots of use from it the first trip, the coupon for boss frog's on snorkeling equipment saved us $80.00. Most of the dining coupons are not for places we wanted to go, but some of the fast food ones came in handy. From experience, if you are planning to go to somewhere listed in the book you've got a good deal, but don't try to pick a coupon and then set out to use it. Pearl Harbor is FREE, you just have to get in line and get a ticket for the boat ride out to the memorial. go early in the day, the lines are shorter. There were coupons for the U.S.S. Missouri, that is a good tour also. The extra coupons in the back of the book are for chain retail stores all across the country, and we have also used the car rental discounts as well.

By the way, I have two onery pugs asleep at my feet!!!

Tulsa
Level Contributor
189 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Entertainment Book Question for HawaiiDan

Thanks for the info Hawaiimama. The only bad part about our trip is that we have to leave our pugs at home. We're conviced they would like to be beach pugs but what are you going to do when you live in a land locked state?