We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Posted on Maui board, but will try here too.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
187 posts
Save Topic
Posted on Maui board, but will try here too.

Would you rather go deep sea fishing while staying on Maui, or take a helicopter tour with a waterfall landing picnic on the Big Island???

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Posted on Maui board, but will try here too.

Well the better fishing will ne in Kona and cheaper... you can get a share boat charter for under 100.

And the Paradise helo water fall landing is without an equal... It wil cost As I remember about $500 a person but is a 4 hour trip

kohala coast, hawaii
Level Contributor
1,418 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Posted on Maui board, but will try here too.

aloha kelf. - the deep sea fishing is an exhilerating experience for those who want a rugged adventure - be sure to take anti motion sickness meds in advance and wear tons of sunscreen, you'll need them. the heli will be less physically taxing and quite thrilling. if were me, I'd prefer the heli, but I'm a wuss.

Columbus, OH
Level Contributor
187 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Posted on Maui board, but will try here too.

Thanks for the "wuss admitting honesty". LOL!! I am leaning toward the heli tour and although it is very expensive, we are only on our honeymoon once.

Level Contributor
239 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Posted on Maui board, but will try here too.

The two most incredible things I've done in hawaii are:

1. Helicopter ride over Maui

2. Helicopter ride of Big Island.

Seeing the rain forests, the water falls, the smoking lava tubes, and the hot lave pouring out into the ocean from the cliffs on the BI was indescribable. Things you CANNOT see from the ground. Well worth the money. I vote for the helicopter ride. We used Blue Hawaiian on the BI.