We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reliable Tour Companies

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
68 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Reliable Tour Companies

Hi,

We are visiting Hawaii in April 2012 on Maui and Oahu islands have been looking at different tours available. I have just read about some bad experiences some travellers have had in particular with "Hawaii Activity Stores Tour Co" can anyone suggest some reliable tour companies to go too and who to avoid.

We are interested in snorkling and dolphin adventures and would also like to take a boat trip to see volcanoes if that is possible on either of these islands.

Thanks Burniegirls

Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
51,298 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reliable Tour Companies

Aloha,

Generally, we rec that you book any tours or activities direct with the operator. But I understand the choices can be overwhelming and sometimes it's easier to go through a reseller.

Long time, reliable companies include Tom Barefoot's, Polynesian Adventures, and Roberts Hawaii.

Just a note, you posted this on the Island of Hawaii's forum (aka "the Big Island", not the state forum. There aren't any active volcanoes on Maui or Oahu, the only active one is on the Big Island. There aren't any boat trips to see it.....you'd need to fly over to the BI and rent a car, then you could go to the National Park and explore. As for "live" lava viewing, it is only SAFELY done from a distance, if there's any visible.

It might help to start reading the "Top Questions" on the Maui Forums and the Oahu ones, too. Happy planning!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,272 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reliable Tour Companies

i have been to maui and oahu,

the islands are so small that u can just rent a car and drive to the places u want to go.

for snorkeling i just drove to the recommended spots and did it, and took a catamaran boat out from maui to molokini island to watch the sting rays, but there were so many corals and beautiful color fishes, it was incredible how clear the water was and how far down i could see, if u have a wet suit bring it, or u can rent one on the boat for $20, the water is cold.

if u have never been to a luau, at least do one, it is fun, do it in oahu though, some of the foods u will try is only made at luau's like to purple bread.

3. Re: Reliable Tour Companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 November 2012, 10:23