We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hawaii for Christmas

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Hawaii for Christmas

So excited - we'll be in Hawaii for Christmas - first time we have ever done that (not be at home that is during the holidays :)). Got my accommodations confirmed still need to book airfare but we'll be 3 days in Oahu staying on Waikiki. 5 days in Kauai at the Marriott Kauai Beach Resort then a full week (this is the part over Christmas) on the Big Islands - Kona Side.

Been to Oahu so I"m good there. But on Kauai I have a few quesitons... We will have a rental and love to explore but if you could golf on one or two NICE golf courses - which ones would they be? If you could dine at a upscale restaurant with great view, which ones would they be? For day tours - I'll read through all the forums - seems like lots of great options.

I"m posting this on Big Island too but where would you go for Christmas dinner? Same question about restaurants as well :) Thank you so much!!!!

Lorio

Mentor, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Waikoloa
Level Contributor
879 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hawaii for Christmas

I can answer for the BI on Christmas.

We spend our day at Hapuna Beach! Get there early!

Then we cook in our condo - steaks or a roast - cooks all day.

As far as restaurants, most of the resorts, i.e., Marriott, Hilton Waikoloa areas, will have restaurants open. I am not 100% sure, but I also believe the Queens Shops and Kings Shops in the Waikoloa area have restaurants that may also be open for Christmas dinner.

http://www.waikoloabeachresort.com/

I love Christmas on the Island!!!

Edited: 26 January 2012, 15:32
Pleasanton...
Level Contributor
237 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hawaii for Christmas

Tip,

Reserve your rental car now.

Arroyo Grande...
Level Contributor
1,348 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hawaii for Christmas

Tip: book your interisland flights soon.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hawaii for Christmas

Thank you - I will. Never been there during Christmas so this helps :)

Lorio

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
36,669 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hawaii for Christmas

Lorio, this is the Big Island forum. Can you post your Kaua'i questions on that forum?

There is an all island Hawaii forum, but it is at the state level, one level up the tree.

Personally I would want to stay in a nice hotel for the actual holidays. Guests have first dibs for the in house dining, and more restaurants are closed than are open on Christmas Day.

6. Re: Hawaii for Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 March 2013, 09:25