We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kohala or Kona condo rentals in the $150-200/night range

new york
Level Contributor
19 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Kohala or Kona condo rentals in the $150-200/night range

I'm feeling very overwhelmed at the options available for rental on the Big Island. There are so many and I'm trying to plan from the east coast. I'm hoping you all can help narrow the choices. We're going in mid-July 2013

We are a mix of divers and kids (11 and 12) that aren't certified so we'd like something close to good diving but good snorkeling is a bigger priority since the kids will probably snuba at the most. We'll probably take turns snorkeling with the kids while part of the group dives.

We don't golf so we don't care about that but if there's a great place on a course, we'll look at it. We'd like to be as close to the ocean as possible recognizing that beachfront isn't quite an option.

We'd look for 1 to 3 bedroom. We'd like something updated but mostly I'd like assurances that what we see, is probably what we'll get.

Thanks!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
13,668 posts
308 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kohala or Kona condo rentals in the $150-200/night range

You can shore dive and shore snorkel from Mauna Lani. Look for condos there in Palm Villas...they are walkable to both beaches if you are fit. They also have a dive boat and a snorkel/sunset/whale watch catamaran the WInona. Good crews. Water is likely to be very calm then.

Rates are higher in July than June.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60588-d941493-…

Examples of rental agency Palm Villas

alohahawaiivacations.com/palms_villas.html

konarentals.net/properties/mauna_lani/palm/

outrigger.com/hotels-resorts/…overview

I would rent ffom an agency if I were going to tke the plunge into condos. A lot are up for sale or going to be due to the financial issues some owners face and I figure the agency can find me another one...the villas are all newish so I would not be so concerned about 20 year old beds, etc.

California
Level Contributor
6,103 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kohala or Kona condo rentals in the $150-200/night range

If you stick with the Kohala Coast area the good news is that even the least expensive condo's are still very nice. Waikoloa or Mauna Lani would be the area to look into. The only problem you might have is going during the high season of July with that price range. Try looking into vrbo.com for a lower price from a private party.

3. Re: Kohala or Kona condo rentals in the $150-200/night range

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 September 2013, 10:17