We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Minors in Pubs

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,143 posts
392 reviews
Save Topic
Minors in Pubs

Have had a look around the forum but can't find the answer to this question so ...

Are there places, such as alehouses, pubs, ect, where we can take our son, who is 14 years old, while we enjoy a beer and he has a soda. I am thinking of something similar to the laws in Oregon where you can go into a pub with your children and we would all need to either sit in a specific section or vacate the pub prior to a specified hour.

If there are, can you recommend some with outstanding craft beers.

Thanks,

BD

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,143 posts
392 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Minors in Pubs

Sorry ...

We are staying in Kailua-Kona area, two different spots, but generally in the surrounding area.

Oahu, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
21,399 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Minors in Pubs

Aloha,

Here is some information

…honoluluadvertiser.com/article/…ln52a.html

Aloha

Kona
Level Contributor
2,337 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Minors in Pubs

Good info, Jet!

The closest thing to an pub or alehouse in this area would be Kona Brewing Company, and minors are fine there. If you're into craft brewing you'll want to make a stop here to check it out - a dozen different brews on tap, and you can also get a lineup of 4 different 5 oz. samples.

washington
Destination Expert
for Maui
Level Contributor
21,966 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Minors in Pubs

Most all resort bars in Hawaii are set up with tables away from the actual bar where children are welcome to sit with their parents.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
36,603 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Minors in Pubs

Thanks jet!

So they must serve full meals, not just pupus. Luckily Kona Brew does.

It's not in Kona, but SheaG recommends Big Island Brewhaus in Waimea, which I have yet to try but it's on my list. They do serve food.

http://bigislandbrewhaus.com/

Hayden Lake, ID
Level Contributor
1,469 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Minors in Pubs

I think I saw kids at Lighthouse Deli in Hawi. They are kinda pub.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,143 posts
392 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Minors in Pubs

Thanks for all the answers and recommendations. Look forward to trying them all!

BD

8. Re: Minors in Pubs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 January 2014, 06:18