We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

good kayak/snorkle tour companies

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
198 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
good kayak/snorkle tour companies

Hi all,

We're looking for the best company that does kayaking tours out to Captain Cook, along with snorkeling there. Preferably a company that keeps it intimate and has patience with beginning kayakers and snorklers (my wife and I are NOT experts by any means). Any helpful suggestions?

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: good kayak/snorkle tour companies

to my knowledge there are none doing it in Capt cook. In Keauhou yes and in Kohala yes

Aloha Kayak in Kona does a tour of 3 hours forarounf 68 per person and a 4 hour for 103, and a snorkel/ kayal tour for 130 each

It is better and cheaper go with seaquest or Dolphin discoveries you will be with passionate folks and do capt cook and palce of refuge... for about 95 per person for a 4 hour tour

Keno, OR
Level Contributor
412 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: good kayak/snorkle tour companies

It is possible to rent a double kayak and traverse the Bay by yourselves, albeit usually with other kayakers heading across at the same time. If you are interested in this option, post back and I'll give you more details about the times we have done this--we weren't terribly "experienced" when we first started either, but had great trips nonetheless. (Rates have probably gone up now, but we were able to rent the double kayak for about $60 total, for a half day trip).

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
198 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: good kayak/snorkle tour companies

Oregon, I would love more details on that. Sounds like just what we are looking to do. Thanks!

Kauai & Mainland
Level Contributor
954 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: good kayak/snorkle tour companies

We're looking to do the same thing by ourselves and would also love more info.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
198 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: good kayak/snorkle tour companies

Oregon, if you prefer, you can email me directly at mjknycmjk@yahoo.com. Thanks!

Palm Springs...
Level Contributor
11,440 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: good kayak/snorkle tour companies

Please refer to the posting on new rules for kayaking..... effectiive may 26, 2006.

Kona Boys

Hawaii Paddle and pack

Aloha Kayak

As of this friday you will have to go with an organized tour . There is no more renting a Kayak and going on your own.

You must have a guide and be with one of the companies with a special use permit. There is also a new $5.00 per person use fee levied for the bays Kayaks.

Each company may not have more than 2 tours of 12 persons max, per day.

Also the launch point has been changed to a sand beach to the south....

7. Re: good kayak/snorkle tour companies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 06:24