I’m planning a trip to Hawaii this year and want to try a new island. I’ve been to Kauai and Oahu- I love Kauai, especially the north. Should I go to Maui or the Big Island? Haven’t decided if my young kids (age 6 & 3) will travel this time. At which island and area should I stay?
• Likely travel in summer/ fall
• Prefer to avoid big resorts & areas that only cater to resorts
• Outdoor activity is a must (hiking, biking, SUP, etc.)- will drive for this
• Want to walk to restaurants from hotel/ condo
• Close beach (will drive short distance)
• Best advice if kids go?
• Best advice if kids don’t go?
• Ocean front condo recommendation?