We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Volcano discovery, non responsive?

United States
Level Contributor
337 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Volcano discovery, non responsive?

Volcano discovery comes highly rated here, but I've been trying to contact them for several days by phone and email and no response. Is this typical of others experience? Was there someone from the company who participates on these forums?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
183 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Volcano discovery, non responsive?

I have recently been in contact with them to arrange a lava hike in May. I was unable to get them on the phone, but they have replied to each of my emails after a day or two. Usually they copy a few people in their emails so I wonder if your spam filter is filtering them out? Maybe have a look at your junk mail folder or make sure that you haven't missed their reply?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
28 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Volcano discovery, non responsive?

I have been dealing with them recently too and was told they are having problems with their automatic email inquiry on their website- I sent 2 and they received neither. However after I left a voicemail one of their guides called me back and was incredibly helpful.

Can I recommend emailing one (or all) of these addresses direct, as I've received correspondence from all of them:

Hawai@volcanodiscovery.com

Info@volcanodiscovery.com

Bookings@volcanodiscovery.com

Good luck- we're very exited about our tour!

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
26,112 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Volcano discovery, non responsive?

PM Lavaguyd here, that's Arthur from VDT. I found them very responsive to my recent requests. In addition their direct email for booking is:

hawaii@volcanodiscovery.com

United States
Level Contributor
337 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Volcano discovery, non responsive?

thanks everyone, i droped a PM to Arthur.

It's very strange because it's been over a week and we've left VM as well as sent emails from two different accounts (no messages caught in Junk/Spam). hopefully we will hear back soon because our trip is soon..

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
2,301 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Volcano discovery, non responsive?

It does seem strange. I emailed them last week and received a response the next day. When I wrote back with another question they responded the same day.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
37,967 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Volcano discovery, non responsive?

Yes, and this is the first problem I've heard about. I imagine they have been crazy busy with all the Merrie Monarch visitors. Do let us know how it resolves and if you find out the glitch.

United States
Level Contributor
337 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Volcano discovery, non responsive?

oh right, I forgot about MM :) you're probably right. I"ll let you know!

Volcano, Hawaii
Level Contributor
566 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Volcano discovery, non responsive?

Our apologies for the troubles! As any system goes through changes to create improvements, sometimes cliches show up in the process.

The VDH team is actively working on getting the inquiry forms more streamlined and efficient to help with clarity and completeness. We want to make sure all the bases are covered when customizing a tour to fit the individuals needs and desires for the upcoming adventure.

We do have one phone line open during normal business hours (9am-5pm HST mon-fri). For weekend inquiries e-mail will still be a better method for the time being, where the response can be expected by monday. We do have another phone line that is used during weekends, however it is designated for already booked tours or emergencies.

Our average phone call inquiry lasts approximately 30 minutes, so if anybody gets the voicemail it is because the line is being used. By leaving a voicemail anybody should count on getting a response in the same day, given that it is during the normal business hours. We just ask that you provide the best time to return the call, considering time differences between hawaii and other places around the world. If you tell us where you are, we can figure it out and do the math to call at the appropriate time.

As with any situation preparation is key. We do our best to accommodate last minute inquiries, however the earlier anybody makes contact the better we are able to cover all the bases to insure a top-quality tour.

Thanks everyone for bearing with us during these transitions!

United States
Level Contributor
337 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Volcano discovery, non responsive?

Arthur contacted me and put me in touch with the right folks so we can get the ball rolling. Thanks everyone for your help!

ON, Canada
Level Contributor
12,985 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Volcano discovery, non responsive?

Alohamakena - good that you persevered with contacting them and I hope you're able to get a booking with them! We did a lava hike with Arthur on Friday and it was one of the most amazing experiences we've ever had! While we were out there, we kept thinking that this is a "once in a lifetime experience', but we both agreed afterwards, that it's some;thing we would do again because it was so great!