We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good detailed map of Big Island?

Maryland
Level Contributor
470 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Good detailed map of Big Island?

Now that we know where we want to go during our visit to the Big Island, we sat down with our AAA map and discovered it has no detail. No routes other than 11, 190, and a couple of others. No 180, nothing - useless. Where can I get a real reasonably detailed map of the Big Island without printing off little quadrants of the Island from Google on my home printer and taping them together? Thanks!

Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,619 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Good detailed map of Big Island?

I have not followed your questions so don't know when you are going.

Order the free travel planners for Hawaii & Island of Hawaii. You can also read them online. They have good maps and a mileage chart. Tell them you are going in less than a month & they'll ship them soon.

1-800-GOHAWAII

You can also read them online:

http://www.gohawaii.com/visitor-guide

These are some of the better free maps. They are in the Drive Guide Magazines. You can pick them up at baggage claim area.

These are printable, though I don't know how well they print.

hawaiidriveguides.com/HawaiiDriveGuide/12_13…

Click on Zoom In on the bar at the top.

Also many detailed maps.

There is a map section on this link:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g29217-s2/Island-Of-H…

Edited: 25 April 2013, 02:57
Saint Cloud...
Destination Expert
for Oahu
Level Contributor
26,619 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Good detailed map of Big Island?

This is the Hawaii Drive Guide for Big Island. You can read it online.

hawaiidriveguides.com/HawaiiDriveGuide/index…

Click on the light blue arrow on the right to start & to turn the pages. You ca Zoom In on any of the pages.

Oregon
Level Contributor
8,735 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Good detailed map of Big Island?

We always pick up recent drive guides at airport, but we have old ones we have kept. so can use those to plan. AAA we have found is best for overall view but drive guides much better for detail which I need.Not sure how you can get those before you go

La Mirada...
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
15,626 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Good detailed map of Big Island?

The Ready Mapbook series...there is one for East and one for West. I have one for Kaua‘i that is so dogeared now. Extremely detailed maps with trails, sub-divisions, beaches, surf-breaks, hotel & condos, etc. Order from Amazon or you should be able to buy once on-island.

3Chihuahuas

5. Re: Good detailed map of Big Island?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2014, 05:18