We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mauni Lani - Talk Story

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
232 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Mauni Lani - Talk Story

Can we attend this even if we're not resort guests? I checked their website but it's vague.

Hayden Lake, ID
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mauni Lani - Talk Story

Everyone is welcome. It will be the best part of your trip!

California
Level Contributor
5,764 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mauni Lani - Talk Story

We went in January and enjoyed it. Everyone's welcome but if you want a chair you need to RSVP or just bring own and hang out on the grass. Many people also bring along a bottle of wine and snacks.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
232 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mauni Lani - Talk Story

Thanks Karen! More questions -Is there a fee? It's from 5:30-8:30 so is there any food served? Bring our own food? Do we need to bring our own chairs? Blankets? I'm just trying to understand what to expect :)

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
232 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mauni Lani - Talk Story

Oh! Clint read my mind! So it's okay to bring in snacks and a beach chair and hang out on the grass. I'll be there! Thanks guys!

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
36,682 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mauni Lani - Talk Story

No fee. I just went last month. I did not have a reservation. No refreshments were served. There were folding chairs set up but I was taking sunset pics and arrived a little late and chairs were full. I stood to one side and at the intermission there were plenty of free chairs.

Aunty Maile gave me a lei and a kiss and there was aloha for all.

There are restrooms around the back of the cottage.

I had dinner at Napua and then walked over. Going earlier will get you parking.

pacific wonderland
Level Contributor
57 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mauni Lani - Talk Story

Daughter and I went last month too. Funny KamaainaK ...I probably passed you at some point because I left for a short bit to take photos of the sunset from behind the nearby pond.

We arrived about 20 minutes early and it was already packed. I packed in a couple of chairs and the daughter got a couple of salads at Napua. The parking opens at 4:00 for all to use.

We really enjoyed ourselves, the music, and learning how the villages got their names in North Kohala.

The daughter also got a hair dressing from Aunty Maile (thanks KK for including her name)...the look in her eyes was priceless, such Aloha, even made this ol' man tear up a little bit.

My advice, bring some sandwiches/cheese/wine or whatever and get there real early.

One guy even brought a tea table.

Hayden Lake, ID
Level Contributor
1,470 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mauni Lani - Talk Story

It's so special we planned our next May vacation dates around it. It's different every month.

I think blankets might be better because you won's block others.

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
2,040 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mauni Lani - Talk Story

Is this at the Mauna Lani Fairways resort? Can someone post a link to this event? thanks

Edited: 15 June 2013, 21:32
Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
2,040 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mauni Lani - Talk Story

oops nevermind.. I found it.

hawaiilife.com/articles/…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PEQ7Ys8c_g

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
24,483 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mauni Lani - Talk Story

The Fairways are a condo complex within the Mauna Lani resort area. The Twilight at Kalahuipua'a Talk Story events take place once a month on the lawn of the Eva Parker Woods historical cottage adjacent to the Mauna Lani hotel within the resort, a short walk/drive from the Fairways.

More info and 2013 dates:

http://www.maunalani.com/a_s_evawoods.htm

http://vimeo.com/m/48113064