We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

World Botanical or Hawaii Tropical Botanical Gardens?

Kapiti Coast
Level Contributor
638 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
World Botanical or Hawaii Tropical Botanical Gardens?

If you could choose only one to visit which would it be and why? The both sound beautiful but I am not sure we will have time to do both. We aren't mad keen gardeners we just love the beauty of gardens, being surrounded by nature and being able to take some great photos.

Thanks

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
26,126 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: World Botanical or Hawaii Tropical Botanical Gardens?

HTBG is by far the better one.

Kapiti Coast
Level Contributor
638 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: World Botanical or Hawaii Tropical Botanical Gardens?

Brilliant, thank you.

San Carlos...
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: World Botanical or Hawaii Tropical Botanical Gardens?

ditto.....

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
2,487 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: World Botanical or Hawaii Tropical Botanical Gardens?

ditto.....and you get a good look at the water falls at Hawaiian Tropical Botanical gardens and a nice view of Onomea Bay at the bottom of the park. Make sure you enter before 4pm will give you a rushed one hour tour or arrive earlier for a more liesurely pace. What's Shakin north on the scenic by pass road is a nice way to cap the afternoon w/ a fresh fruit smoothie on your way back or heading farther north along Hamakua Coast.

Edited: 17 July 2013, 20:42
Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
37,976 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: World Botanical or Hawaii Tropical Botanical Gardens?

I have yet to hear a rave or even good review of World on the forum. HTBG has been around a long time and World is very young as a garden. But they charge a lot so I've never gone, even though I live nearby.

6. Re: World Botanical or Hawaii Tropical Botanical Gardens?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2014, 06:18