We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tropical storm Flossie advisory issues. Located...

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma, Grove
Level Contributor
5,042 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Tropical storm Flossie advisory issues. Located...

610 miles east of Hilo heading straight west toward the Big Island. Better organized and becoming more intensive, then they are hoping it will weaken before making land fall, which is expected on the BI at Hilo and on Maui sometime Monday morning.

Please keep an eye on the weather as you plan your upcoming outings, especial if they include snorkeling, diving, swimming, and even driving on some roads around the BI. Stay safe everyone.

Ames, Iowa
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tropical storm Flossie advisory issues. Located...

I am currently staying on the big island, and my flight is scheduled to depart KOA at 10:30 pm, just as Flossie is passing by. Any thoughts on what this means for my flight?

Edited: 28 July 2013, 18:33
Maui
Destination Expert
for Ka'anapali, Haleakala National Park, Maui
Level Contributor
52,157 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tropical storm Flossie advisory issues. Located...

Contact your airline, and make sure they have numbers to reach you. KOA is a long way from the east side where Flossie will hit first--but her winds extend out about 175 miles. No one can say what will happen yet, but you need to talk to your airline now.

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
26,598 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tropical storm Flossie advisory issues. Located...

Please go here for updates from people actually on the island;

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29217-i268-k67130…

Edited: 29 July 2013, 04:15
Level Contributor
210 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tropical storm Flossie advisory issues. Located...

Sounds like Flossie might be pretty nasty so hunker down everyone and stay safe!!

Thoughts and prayers are with you all!!!

Kapoho
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Tropical storm Flossie advisory issues. Located...

We're (supposed) to have a 5:07 flight out of Hilo tomorrow,Monday, afternoon enroute to Maui. I think all of my planning I.e. hotel and car reservations might be shot to hell. I can't stay here,but I don't want to make, and pay for any other arrangements until I'm sure my flight is canceled and won't be able to reach Maui. Oh we'll, what the hell.

Oklahoma City...
Destination Expert
for Oklahoma, Grove
Level Contributor
5,042 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tropical storm Flossie advisory issues. Located...

My apologies for posting this head's up. I kept hearing about the looming storm and checked both forums most likely affected, but saw no posting being done. Thought you both might be on holiday. Of course a post from "people actually on island" is preferred.

Please be safe everyone. Living with Oklahoma storms has given me a great sense of urgency for preparedness where storms are concerned. A good flashlight and radio with extra batteries, a supply of drinking water, filling the bathtub with water, full tank of gas, food that's easily consumed without cooking, and a portable supply of medicine are a few things we routinely have on hand in advance of storm season.

7. Re: Tropical storm Flossie advisory issues. Located...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2014, 05:17