We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Island to Stay

Ashland
Level Contributor
3 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Best Island to Stay

I am sending my son and his new wife to Hawaii for their honeymoon in June. I am a Wyndham owner. They are interested in beaches, rain forest, and volcano tours. Which would be the best island to send them to? Also if you know the best Wyndham that would be great.

Reedsburg, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
265 posts
354 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Island to Stay

The Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort is walking distance to Kona. They have great units and service.

The Big Island has the volcano and some nice beaches but you'll have to drive a bit.

Canada
Level Contributor
9,176 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Island to Stay

Perhaps you could provide some clarification.....as you post on the Big Island (Island of Hawaii).....yet your header asks for "Best Island"

While the Big Island qualifies with an active volcano, rainforest...and beaches.....I believe the most desirable Wyndam property is on Kauai,..... Koloa Landing.

What is their length of stay?

Ann Arbor, michigan
Level Contributor
122 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Island to Stay

As to the best island, that's a personal preference kind of a thing. We have enjoyed them all, but prefer the Big Island. You mention volcanos, the only active one, and in my opinion the one with the best hikes/tours is the Big Island. The beaches on the Kohalla coast are gems with some great snorkelling. Thre are some great rainforest areas in different parts of the island, I'm sorry but I know nothing about theWyndam properties.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,542 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Island to Stay

Kaua'i is a great island to go to in June.

The Big Isand might well be the best for the list of activities, but the Wyndham location in Kailua Kona is not convenient to at if those. A visit to the Volcano area would be desirable but for a 1-3 night stay and no timeshares near there.

I think that Paniolo Greens at Waikoloa Village might be with Wyndham, from what some prior posters have said about their choices, you'd have to check. But this would not be a happy choice for a honeymoon.

I think they should go for the Kaua'i property if possible. If there is money in budget to add on, fly into Hilo from there and do a couple days in a cottage in Volcano to finish up.

Canada
Level Contributor
9,176 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Island to Stay

Oh....I missed the bit about wanting a Wyndam timeshare....

The Koloa Landing I recommended in Poipu , Kauai is not a timeshare , but an upscale condo resort part of their Grand Collection.

I was thinking you were wanting to apply Wyndam points to a stay...

Chicagoland
Level Contributor
20,910 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Island to Stay

The Wyndham website gave me three choices: Honolulu, Maui and Kauai. Of the three the one on Kauai is the nicest by far, and in June, Kauai would be lovely. They'll need a rental car to get to Poipu and drive up to the island's most gorgeous north.

pzp
Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Kapaa
Level Contributor
23,784 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Island to Stay

On Kaua`i, Wyndham has Koloa Landing (Po`ipu) and Bali Hai (Princeville). Koloa Landing is definitely posh, but there's ongoing construction. You'd want to get a schedule if possible.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,542 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Island to Stay

Before we debate islands and locations, it would be best if you determine what properties you have to choose from for the relevant dates, and list them. Then get feedback.

Canada
Level Contributor
9,176 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Island to Stay

The Wyndham Koloa Landing on Kauai is not a timeshare property nor does it accept point redemption for stays there. They do however offer a "discount " to Wyndham owners....as I understand it.

The property is run by Wyndham.

Timeshares on Kauai for Wyndham would be Kauai Beach Villas, and Princeville Bali Hai.

10. Re: Best Island to Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2014, 06:24