We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What's at the Queens marketplace?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
229 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What's at the Queens marketplace?

What kind of places are at the Queens marketplace, or nearby area? Is the lava lava beach club walking distance from there?

Another fellow TA mentioned that the Mauna Lani is not walking distance to the lava lava beach club, is it walking distance to the Queens marketplace?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
229 posts
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: What's at the Queens marketplace?

Thanks all! We wont have a car during our stay on the resort, hence why we were looking to find a resort that has lots of things to do and see, and be within a walking distance to other potential places to explore. If we were to stay in one of the resorts in Waikola village, would there be a possibility to get a cab that would take us down to Hapuna beach for the day?

Big Island, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
27,711 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: What's at the Queens marketplace?

Cabs are very expensive here. Expect to spend more on a cab to and from Hapuna than it would cost for a rental car for a couple of days. You'd also have to arrange with a cab to pick you up at Hapuna in advance, there aren't any just hanging around there.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,668 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: What's at the Queens marketplace?

If you can drive, have a license, then don't skip a car to save money, if that is the reason. You won't, and it will be really inconvenient.

Here's some pricing (not guaranteed) on cabs to and from KOA airport.

hawaii.gov/koa/…taxi-cabs

$25 KOA to Kailua Kona.

$50 to get from Marriott to KOA, not counting tip.

Figure $75 from Kailua Kona to Marriott.

So far that's $150 plus tips just to get to and from places to stay, not leaving the resort.

Look at Hawaii Discount Car Rental for rates.

A weekly rate of at least five days is better than a three day rate, although a Thursday to Monday weekend rate is very good.

In case you don't get a car, and want to get around Waikoloa Beach Resort, here is the Kings' Shops shuttle info and more info on things to do. That is the other shopping center there. The shuttle is a buck a person each way. It is right next door to the Marriott, so I doubt you really need it, maybe to go down to the Hilton.

kingsshops.com/index.php/…visitor_information

Edited: 06 May 2014, 23:59
Canada
Level Contributor
9,211 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: What's at the Queens marketplace?

Oh heavens..no car?....

Just to clarify...Waikoloa village, and Waikoloa Beach Resort are two distinctly different locations...... Big time.

However , if one is to interpret.......late night spots with......imbibing....then of course a car is not for you.

Again, the Big Island is not a place you want to be without a vehicle at your disposal...it is just so vast !

You have quite the dilemma. While I agree the Marriott Waikoloa beach resort is handy to walk to Lava Lava etc....the hotel holds little appeal when it comes to it's teeny tiny rooms and non existent Lanai.

The taxis on Island are a King's ransom....even for the shortest of distances.

I would highly recommend a vehicle for transportation to the beaches, then walk to your evening spots for a cocktail or two.

In that case Waikoloa Beach Resort would likely be the spot.

Island of Hawaii...
Destination Expert
for Hilo, Island of Hawaii
Level Contributor
38,668 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: What's at the Queens marketplace?

Exactly.

I recommended Waikoloa Beach Resort as a place you can go to a beach bar at night and walk back, I avoid the need for a designated driver. I don't recommend for young energetic people to do without wheels as a way to explore.

16. Re: What's at the Queens marketplace?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 05:16