We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kauai wedding this March

Alberta Canada
3 posts
Save Topic
Kauai wedding this March

We are planning to get married in Kauai, the third week of March (this year). It will be just the two of us, on the beach (probably Shipwrecks), so I don't think that we would need a wedding planner. (I'm sure we can handle picking up leis and getting the licence). What I would like is a good photographer (someone with some creativity so it doesn't look like I took the pictures) and a reverend to marry us (we are not terribly religious but would prefer a reverend to an officiant). I know this is very last minute, but if anyone has any recommendations I would really appreciate it. Thanks

Jacksonville...
Level Contributor
390 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kauai wedding this March

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Here's a link to the Kauai Wedding Professionals Association. They have a directory of photographers, officiants, etc. that you can use as a starting point.

http://www.kauaiwedpro.com/

I'm getting married on Kauai in May, and most of my vendors are currently members of the KWPA. Good luck with your planning and congrats again!

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,067 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kauai wedding this March

Congratulations M-K-Wedding! Just so you know, all officiants in Hawaii are ministers, except for judges. Judges are the only ones that can perform a civil wedding. The remainder of the officiants are ministers and most will do a ceremony with or without religious references, which ever you prefer. (As an officiant, I'm one of the few exceptions there, catering only to those who wish religion free weddings, but that's because I'm a humanist minister.) Choose a minister in your denomination -- or a non-denominational minister, if you want a religious ceremony.

Contact any wedding officiant and chances are they are ministers, most likely ordained online as a non-denominational minister or perhaps in their preferred denomination. If you want a working preacher, contact any local church of your preferred denomination and see if they can help you out. Most full time working pastors and judges don't have time to keep up with all the tourist weddings, hence the plethora of wedding officiants.

The couple usually sets the degree of religiousness in their wedding ceremony. Usually by choosing one of a few pre-written scripts, though some offer custom ceremony scripts. Just specify what kind of ceremony you'd like to have and they'll accommodate you.

Have fun planning your wedding. You picked a beautiful island to begin your marriage!