We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kauai Honeymoon in October!

Alexandria, Virginia
2 posts
Save Topic
Kauai Honeymoon in October!

Hello! My fiance and I will be honeymooning in Kauai in mid-October! We will be there for 8 days (we land at about 2pm local time and leave around 10pm local time on the 8th day). We have a luau and a fishing trip planned already and will be staying closer to the north shore near Kilauea. Any advice on must-do things? Restaurants? Thank you all in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Kilauea
Kilauea
Kauai, HI
4 replies to this topic
California
Level Contributor
40,420 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kauai Honeymoon in October!

Welcome to the forum.

My first advice is book your accommodation for the 8th day so you aren't driving around all day getting hot and sweaty before getting on the plane. My second bit of advice is make sure your rental is legal. Most in Kilauea are not.

Have you checked Kauai's top questions to the right??? There is an excellent section on restaurants. Since you are staying in Kilauea, try Palatte Wine Bar. I promise you will enjoy it. I also love the plate lunches at Kilauea Fish Market around the back of the stone shopping center. Grab a Kauai Juice while you are at it.

Check out the Lighthouse and Anini Beach. Take some hikes. Kauai is known for hiking. Paddle the Wailua River to Secret Falls.

Make sure you rent a car and we like to use Costco Travel or Discount Hawaii Car Rental.

Edited: 17 August 2017, 21:39
Mentioned in this post
Kilauea
Kilauea
Kauai, HI
Kilauea Fish Market
Kilauea Fish Market
631 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Anini Beach
Anini Beach
708 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Wailua
Wailua
Kauai, HI
Costco
Costco
95 Reviews
Oahu, HI
Hawaii
Hawaii
United States
Alexandria, Virginia
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Kauai Honeymoon in October!

It's legal!

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
13,108 posts
3,232 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kauai Honeymoon in October!

A honeymoon in Kauai sounds very romantic.

Enjoy.

Mentioned in this post
Kauai
Kauai
Hawaii
Gulf Shores, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,354 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Kauai Honeymoon in October!

Drive up and see the Waimea canyon. If possible take a Blue Hawaiian Helicopter tour. You will be amazed at what you see from the air. The Napali Coast is spectacular.

Mentioned in this post
Waimea Canyon
Waimea Canyon
6,015 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Napali Coast Hanalei Tours
Napali Coast Hanalei...
1,041 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Reply to: Kauai Honeymoon in October!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted