We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lagoon at The Hyatt

California
Level Contributor
41,043 posts
127 reviews
Save Topic
Lagoon at The Hyatt

Is construction finished at the lagoon and if anyone has stayed there since can you tell us what they did? I would also be curious if anyone stayed there during construction and if it bothered them or not. I have friends wanting a last minute hop over to Kauai from Maui and I want to recommend they stay at The Hyatt but not if construction is still going on.

6 replies to this topic
Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
216 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lagoon at The Hyatt

I just walked through there a couple of days ago. There are two lagoons open directly below the pool area but to the west there was still the orange construction netting and some workers inside of it. Didn't seem noisy when I was there, but I don't know exactly what they were doing.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
536 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lagoon at The Hyatt

We were there for dinner at Tidepools last Friday and brunch on Saturday and there still seemed to be construction going on around the hotel in general. Ilima Terrace wasn't open (buffet was moved to Tidepools) and the restrooms off the main lobby were closed for construction. We didn't walk over to the lagoons so can't help there.

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
1,957 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lagoon at The Hyatt

Does anyone know when this is supposed to be completed? My in-laws are thinking of coming in March.

Pleasanton...
Level Contributor
75 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lagoon at The Hyatt

According to their facebook page it is back open, We stayed there in November during the construction. It did not bother us at all. According to who we spoke to they were just resurfacing it.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lagoon at The Hyatt

Work has been completed, and the lagoon is back open. Source: GHK Staff, GHK Instagram & loads of Instagram pictures from guests in the last few days. I'll be able to validate it in a couple of days myself...

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,986 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lagoon at The Hyatt

Aloha from Kaua'i!

LOL - Haven't been there since I left in Fall of 2016!!!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Reply to: Lagoon at The Hyatt
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted