We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Get-together on June 7

Tucson, Arizona
Destination Expert
for Tucson
Level Contributor
3,356 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Get-together on June 7

If you're going to be on Kauai on June 7, we're having a get-together for any forum participants at 5:00 p.m. at the Wailua Marina Restaurant. If you can come, please reply to this post and let us know how many of you there will be.

I'm counting on Denny to keep track of the numbers and make a reservation for us since I'm leaviing in the morning and I won't have my computer.

My DW and I will be there for sure and we're looking forward to meeting many of our new friends we've met on this board.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,897 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Get-together on June 7

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Oh darn! I was looking forward to that, but my Mom's 89th birthday is that day and we are planning on taking her "all the way up to Hanalei" for the day -- a big event for her as she doesn't get out too much anymore.

I hope there are other opportunites in the future!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Get-together on June 7

ok, cousins...

Understand reservations at the wailua marina resturant, but let me know how many is in each party, OK !

Janet, one of these days we are gonna meet you.....I talked with Erica and we might just drop by the Hyatt.

Denny and Erica

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,897 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Get-together on June 7

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Definitely Denny! Come by the Hyatt sometime during torchlighting and we can have a drink afterwards!

Just let me know when! I'd enjoy meeting you both!

Malama Pono,

Janet

kalamazoo, mi
Level Contributor
495 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Get-together on June 7

this is the first day i have had my computer on. we have been so busy!! i will have to talk to my husband about thurs. that is our last evening here and we were going to Roy's. last we knew, it was going to be wed. for our get together. i will get back to you asap.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Get-together on June 7

I'm up for a get-together sometime while I'm on island next -- June 21 - July 19. Would love to talk hula with Janet and about getting used to full time island life with Denny and Erica.

What time is the Hyatt's torchlighting? I suppose it's around the same time that I'll be doing weddings on Shipwreck Beach. I've got several in the Poipu area this summer.

I know a frequent TA reader is currently on island and was thinking of joining in on the June 7th get-together. I'll e-mail them to ask if they are planning to join in.

Kauai, Hawaii
Destination Expert
for Kauai
Level Contributor
2,214 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Get-together on June 7

hula4me. if you are referring to me in your post,

I leave Kauai mid-day June 7th so can not attend.

I thought that get together was being originally being set-up for

June 6th but more recent postings and this topic header

says June 7th so I will not be able to attend.

Carl

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Get-together on June 7

June 7th Get-together.....

Resevations are all set for Pat and wife, and for Linda and Hubby, and Denny and Erica.

If we need to expand that, please let me know.

It is under my name, at 5 pm on thrs at Wailua Marina restuarant. We have not been there as yet, so looking forward to a new place and new friends.

It is in the Marina, at the Wailua river. Looks like we pull in off the main hwy, where you would to go to Smiths just a bit south of the river. Then just start looking....

I will be getting off work at 3pm, so should be there on time, or early.

See you all then...

Denny and Erica

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Get-together on June 7

Have a wonderful get-together! Wish I was there!

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
8,506 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Get-together on June 7

Joan

We wish you were here also.

But we will see you later this year, and that will be super !

Denny

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,452 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Get-together on June 7

Denny and Erica...just figured out that I am your "Joan"! So I say, call me whatever you want, just call me.

Barbara in Moss Beach