We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Private Beach Dinners

Succasunna, NJ
Level Contributor
338 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Private Beach Dinners

Has anyone done this before? I've read about it and know it's a little expensive but I was wondering if it was worth it, where it's done and approx. cost. We'll be staying at the Hyatt. Thank you.

Sacramento...
Level Contributor
516 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Private Beach Dinners

The Hyatt does one. They give you a menu to pick from. Email the concierge for more info. I think it starts about 350.00/pp. My husband and I had one on the beach in the Dominican Republic on Christmas Eve 2005 and it was unforgettable.

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,864 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Private Beach Dinners

Aloha from Kaua'i!

I work at the Hyatt and while I have never had this service personally, I've seen how they set it up and where many times.

It is set up directly off a pathway that leads along Shipwreck's Beach -- it is a little pavilion with white curtain-type fabric on 4 sides that can be drawn for privacy -- they are the same pavilions that are used for the oceanfront beach massages. There are probably 3 or 4 scattered along this pathway.

They would be pretty private, especially if you draw the curtains behind you and to the sides -- as the walking path that goes right along here is pretty popular and you have a fair number of people wandering by. It is a long, long way from any food service area, so I don't know how hot your food would be by the time it got to you!

I don't know the cost of one of these -- I'll try to ask tonite when I go to work and report back. I'm sure the concierge know.

Malama Pono,

Janet

Succasunna, NJ
Level Contributor
338 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Private Beach Dinners

Thanks, Janet

Someone told me that the price, including tip and gratuity is about 550.00 per couple and includes a four course meal.

I have a concern about it being right off a popular pathway. While it may be private, will it be quiet or is there a fair amount of traffic?

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,864 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Private Beach Dinners

Aloha from Kaua'i!

No, the pathway is popular, but not crowded at all at night -- and it is a long, long way from the hotel itself -- it is closer to Tidepools restaurant, but still far enough away that I don't think you'd hear any noise -- probably the most prevalent noise would be the ocean.

While I'm sure there will be a few folks passing by the pavilion that you would be in -- if you closed the curtains (or the server did) then I doubt they would bother you.

Malama Pono,

Janet

5. Re: Private Beach Dinners

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2009, 18:20