We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Entertainment book Kauai usage feedback

Seattle
Level Contributor
377 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Entertainment book Kauai usage feedback

I just ordered the Hawaii Entertainment book after reading seasonedtraveler's recommendation about getting the book in the Rental car posting. I'm wondering if anyone has good or bad experiences to share regarding the offers for restaurants, etc. on Kauai? I'll be there for 3 weeks this summer, so I'll have plenty of time to try a lot of things!

Thanks

Kissimmee Fl
Level Contributor
138 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Entertainment book Kauai usage feedback

Hi hummingbird 206,

The E- book is good on hotels condos and car rentals in Kauai, try the Alamo coupon. Not good on restaurants, a few fast food places like pizza hut, subway. It is good in Maui on more restaurants. We are going to both Islands. If you use it just for your hotel or condo you will get your money back. You will save about $30.00 to $60.00 a night. We always get the E- book and save alot. Pick up the small free books at the airport when you get your luggage tells you all about the Island and a few coupons. This Week is one of the names. I hope you injoy your time in Kauai it is the best Island. Our 17th time this June.

Aloha Ann

Honolulu, HI
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Entertainment book Kauai usage feedback

aloha! the EBOOK also has coupons for fast food places that you can use, like Pizza Hut, KFC, Taco Bell, BK, etc, which are also good on the other islands, plus NATIONWIDE offers that you can use even BEFORE you get here, and AFTER , all the way til Nov 1st. For example, I'm looking at my EBOOK and see 2 coupons for $25 off at NEW YORK & CO. clothing store, which we don't even have in the state, but which you can use anywhere in the US....just saw $75 off a pair of glasses at Lenscrafters, good at all locations, and this one expires in December! If you are REALLY RESOURCEFUL, and since you are only going to be on Kauai (where i live!) the whole time, why not offer to pass on the Maui coupons to one of the forum users who are going to Maui, Oahu and the Big Island - sell to them for $5 per island and you'll get your $15 back ($9.99 plus shipping) even before you get here!

Maine
Level Contributor
13 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Entertainment book Kauai usage feedback

Hello Hummingbird, if you are looking for an overall guidebook, I would highly suggest the Ultimate Kauai Guidebook 5th edition by Wizard Publication, it was right on for our Honeymoon last September.....meals, activities, beaches, hidden gems.......you name it, it was worth it.......You can find it cheap online for less than $15, and it will pay for itself MANY times over...........TC from Maine...

Seattle
Level Contributor
377 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Entertainment book Kauai usage feedback

Hi TC,

Thanks for the guidebook recommendation...I already have it!

Seattle
Level Contributor
377 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Entertainment book Kauai usage feedback

Hi Seasonedtraveler,

Actually, I figured I'd probably meet someone while in Kauai that I could give the book to, or leave it in the condo for the next visitor. But thanks for the good suggestions.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Entertainment book Kauai usage feedback

How did you get the Hawaii Entertainment Book and does it have Castle Makauena and Castle Kaha Lani in it? We will be staying at both places in July( booked through a travel agent).

If these condo coupons are in the book and I ordered one would I be able to use them after I have already booked?

Kissimmee Fl
Level Contributor
138 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Entertainment book Kauai usage feedback

quiiaO1,

You can get the book on line entertainment.com $9.95 and $5.00 shipping. You need to call the 2 condos you are booked at and ask if they take the E- book discount. If so they will tell you the price. You could save half price. But you will not get the discount with the travel agent. Your travel agent is getting about 15 to 20 percent on our booking. Maybe you can cancel, if you get a better price with the E- book good luck and have a wonderful time in Hawaii.

Aloha Ann

Kissimmee Fl
Level Contributor
138 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Entertainment book Kauai usage feedback

Ouija01,

I just looked in my E- book Aston Kaha Lani is in the book. Phone # 1-800 922 7866 or 403 444 4136 hotel directly. Castle and Aston are the Co. that do the booking for this place. If it is Castle call toll free 1 800 555 1212 to get the toll free number.

Good Luck!

Aloha Ann

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
75 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Entertainment book Kauai usage feedback

Hi Ann,

Took your advice and called Castle Kaha Lani. The woman on the phone told me that Aston used to honor the coupon but they have been taken over by Castle resorts and that Castle does not honor the coupon. She did give me an #800 to call but I need to know if the coupon says anything about being void etc. in certain circumstances. Not sure if I should pursue this.

Aloha,

Jan

Kissimmee Fl
Level Contributor
138 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Entertainment book Kauai usage feedback

Hi Jan,

Did Castle tell about the void and circumstances? The E-book comes with a card in the front of the book, looks like a credit card, to use for the better restaurants none in Kauai. And to use on hotels and condos in the book. It tells you the condos and hotels it takes. Some are not in the book but if you check with the hotel are condo some times it takes it and they will tell you on the phone, no coupon. The coupons are for informal and fast food places. Only a few in Kauai like Pizzi Hut Sub way a few more. I would only get the book if you can use it for your condo in Kauai. We are going to Maui first than to Kauai in June. We are saving alot on our hotel just the 2 of us. We are geting a room in Hanalei Bay for $98.00 a night, not a condo. Maui has alot of better restaurants in the E-book. like buy a entree get $28.00 off a entree we got 2 books this year so we can eat at some of the better places 2 times. Check out the book on line tells you all about it. Please let me know how you make out, hope you get the discount is this you first time to Kauai? Are you going the another Island?

Aloha Ann