We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yes, I want it all....

Morro Bay...
Level Contributor
804 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Yes, I want it all....

We will be coming to Kauai next year, in June. I love the North Shore but have not been for several years. Where is the best beach area if you want a quiet condo with a great view, beach access not too far away and good snorkeling.

California
Level Contributor
35,817 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yes, I want it all....

Hanalei Bay Resort, Puu Poa or Plantation.

HBR has sweeping views (only rent thru a private owner), bar and restaurant on site, lagoon pool plus 8 tennis courts.

PP is next to the Princeville Hotel. large condos, views of water, modern looking.

Plantation 3 bedrooms, no views, newer.

HBR has a private beach path (paved) to good snorkeling (better snorkeling places a short dirve away, PP is down a steep hill but you can walk thru P'ville hotel and Plantation you drive. The best beaches (Tunnels, Kee, Anini) are within 10-15 minutes. June is the best time to visit the north shore but I can tell you it is filling up fast. The better condos are booking now for next summer.

You also might want to check on Hanalei Colony. Right on the beach, older, more remote no a/c. Quiet.

I know at HBR after 10 PM you can hear a pin drop.

South Bend
Level Contributor
243 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yes, I want it all....

Good suggestions from Jebett - also try hale makai cottages, pricey but great. We also like Hanalei Bay Villas if you do not need a pool - just make sure to see pics of inside - some are much nicer than others.

California
Level Contributor
35,817 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yes, I want it all....

islandbaby2

Good suggestion from you as well. For anyone renting through a private owner please ask for updated pictures. I have found some owners have had the same pictures on a website (VRBO for instance) forever. It looks good on the website and then you get there and it looks like 1985 all over again. I have news for owners.... pink and tourqoise is out!!!!

You will have a nicer experience if your surroundings are nice as well.

4. Re: Yes, I want it all....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 04:16