We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

running from the Grand Hyatt Kauai

Temperance, Michigan
Level Contributor
260 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
running from the Grand Hyatt Kauai

I am going to be staying at the Grand Hyatt in November and was wondering if there are any trails or good running routes near the hotel. Looking for anything from 6 to 12 miles. Thank you.

Moorpark, California
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Catalina Island
Level Contributor
15,293 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: running from the Grand Hyatt Kauai

Check out this discussion on TA from July.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g29218-i304-k13646…

Kaua'i, HI
Destination Expert
for Kauai, Poipu, Lihue
Level Contributor
17,997 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: running from the Grand Hyatt Kauai

Aloha from Kaua'i!

Well, it depends on what you are training for -- but I'd suggest running out from the Hyatt and onto the Ala Kinoiki By-Pass and up towards Koloa -- at the intersection turn to the right and that will take you on a dirt road past the ATV place and the old Sugar Mill -- this is marked "no trespassing" but it is no problem as long as you are there during regular hours -- keep running on this dirt road through the agricultural fields and wind your way back to the Hyatt -- this is about a 6 mile loop.

You can also always run on the road from the Hyatt, go up over the hill following Pe'e Road and follow the ocean all the way down to Spouting Horn -- you will encounter some obstacles from the construction but if you do that loop it would be just about 12 miles.

If you have any specific questions, my husband is a marathon runner and runs here on the south shore every day (for 10 years!) and knows the various trails really well -- you would be welcome to PM me if there is anything you need to know.

Happy running!

Malama Pono,

Janet

Mentioned in this post
Spouting Horn
Spouting Horn
4,361 Reviews
Kauai, HI
Koloa
Koloa
Kauai, HI
Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,238 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: running from the Grand Hyatt Kauai

In addition to the above information, the concierge at the Hyatt is asked this question all the time, and has printed out a map for your use of routes from the hotel. My husband likes to go out early morning before it gets too hot.

4. Re: running from the Grand Hyatt Kauai

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 16:19