We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Football Fans !!!

berkley, ma
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Football Fans !!!

We are coming from the east coast in Oct and wondering if we wiil be able to watch our New EWngland Patriots play on TV?

Reedsport, Oregon
Level Contributor
3,980 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Football Fans !!!

Why? Hey someone had to ask. lol You're going to me in Kauai! You'll be burnin' 3 1/2hrs. of perfectly good daylight. Besides, if it's an early game that will put it at 7 or 8AM HST depending on DST this year. I doubt if you'll find any sports bars open that early. Besides if you have to sit there and watch them lose it will put a sour note on the day. Sour is no fun on vacation.

Overland Park...
Level Contributor
336 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Football Fans !!!

thanks for asking the same question that I had. only my team of course is the KC Chiefs and they have not been pretty this year, but at least we managed to scrape up a win yesterday.

that's the thing about us football nuts...we hate to miss our games....good or bad....enjoy your trip.....we've had season tickets since 1982...so ya know we gotta love it....

Ukiah, Calif
Level Contributor
688 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Football Fans !!!

We were on Maui last year during the playoffs. We had a blast watching in the room...doors open to the lanai TV turned to the outside and we weren't alone! You could hear all the people cheering and having a great time up and down the complex!

Chicago
Level Contributor
59 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Football Fans !!!

It is kind of odd having the games start at 7am, but it made it fun. Last Sunday we just made a big breakfast/brunch and watched a few of the games. Best part is that, typically when the second game gets going I start to realize my weekend is nearing an end, etc. Not this time though, instead it wasn't even noon yet and we had another week on Kauai.

Not sure about any sports bars, but with regular cable you'll be at the mercy of whatever game CBS decides to show. If there is a local Fox affiliate for NFC games I could not find it, and believe me, I searched for a while.

Half Moon Bay...
Level Contributor
83 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Football Fans !!!

My husband is a Redskins fan and always watches the game when we go to Hawaii. On Kauai the place he goes is "the Shack" in Kapaa. I understand there's also a place in Lihue called Rob's that has games.

Definitely call ahead to be sure they're still in business and showing the games, though!

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Football Fans !!!

the shack folded a year ago +.

Why not Tivo and enjoy your vacation instead? Just avoid the newspaper and it'll be a new game for you when you get home.

Bars with games on -- Olympic Cafe in Kapaa, Robs. Lizard Lounge. Maybe a few others. We've no sports bar with 10 games on at once that I know of.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
5,801 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Football Fans !!!

for the other poster above. The Fox affiliate is Channel 2. KHON.

on the local cable I see NFL games on 2, then the ESPN's on 21,22,23. Some sports on 31(Fox Sports for SoCal) and 20 similar stuff (Dodgers, Angels, Padres). Pro football isn't my thing so can't be much help.

Channel 4 (ABC) has the Nascar. Channel 8 NBC has golf and other sports, Channel 9 CBS has various sports on the weekends.

Bring back Jerry Faust.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Los Angeles...
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Football Fans !!!

I'm gonna be there this weekend. We got a vacation rental in Ha'ena and I was wondering if the Kaua'i cable provider offers ESPNU. Anyone? Thanks.

Ukiah, Calif
Level Contributor
688 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Football Fans !!!

Channel 219

berkley, ma
Level Contributor
188 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Football Fans !!!

I was not looking for a bar to watch the game in but being able to see the game in our condo would be good. That will be our last day and will be packing up anyway to go to Maui for 6 more days.

And watch them loss?? I don't think so !!!!